{Chapter 31}

Chapter 31

"I should rephrase that, your majesty. There was excessive bleeding and we checked the cause and she lost the baby. It's fortunate that you brought her to me instead of giving her your blood because in this situation it wouldn't have been beneficial, my King. As you know werewolf baby's grow quicker than human ones as they function on their mothers supplements alone and so in human terms the little one was already almost a month and a half old. For-"

The doctor immediately silenced when his King held up his hand.

"I do not want to hear anymore." He said solemnly and glanced over at the door that held behind it the girl he cared so deeply for. The one person that he now couldn't see himself ever hurting. He never wanted to see her in any sort of pain and he had already pledged to care for and protect her from any danger that comes forth to harm her. But, he didn't know if he could protect her from herself.

Would her having knowledge of this crush her? Destroy her even? Should he tell her? What would she do?

He shook his head.

What if this makes her worse than she already is? He wouldn't be able to take it. It would destroy him along with his Kingdom if the one he finds himself loving becomes nothing but a walking vegetable who is just existing. Just living through the motions of life without actually being there. Just the thought had him cringing and wanting to run to her and gather her into his arms and hold her to him as if that was all it would take for her to be alright again. He looked at the door handle imagining walking over and opening it and doing exactly that.

He clenched his teeth and looked away before closing his eyes.

There was a dark voice in the back of his head asking if it really was a bad thing that this happened. He knew without her saying that she was pregnant because of the three men he hunted down and tortured, slowly removing each body part from them one by one.

He let out a breath.

It's a sad thing for a woman to lose a baby and even sadder when they didn't even know they were carrying. But, he was almost thankful. It felt wrong for him to even think this but he didn't want her to go through with a birth and raise a child that she would have to look at everyday and be reminded of exactly what happened to her that day. He didn't want that for her.

He opened his eyes and looked back to the door.

But it wouldn't have been his choice. It would have been hers and he would have stood by it no matter what because .... because he's in love with her. At least he thinks. It's a strange feeling that he has never carried before so he wasn't familiar with the signs of it but he believes that it could be possible that he truly loved the girl.

Rosaline. His woman.

Abellon watched as his son went through turmoil inside of his own mind. He couldn't blame him. He was going through the same thing. His mind revolved around his Rose and how she would be able to handle the news that she had a miscarriage because she wasn't taking proper care of her body. He blamed himself. If he could have been more strict with her and somehow made her eat and drink and get out of bed every now and then, then this probably wouldn't be happening.

Will she blame him? He would take it if she did. He'd do anything for his Rose. His love. She could hit him, slap him, call him hurtful names, anything and he would stand there taking all of it. For her.