{Chapter 16}

Chapter 16

Oh yeah! An update in one week! Who's proud of me? Okay, so it's not much of an accomplishment but I at least deserve some votes for this. You know, that little star button at the bottom or (if you are on a desktop) at the side? And maybe some comments on how you feel about the story so far?
Yep, that would be nice.
So very, very nice :^)

Rosaline struggled as a piece of tape was slipped over her mouth and then wrapped around her wrists. She tried to scream for help but it was useless. Lifting her aching leg she managed to kick the man off and rolled over onto her stomach trying to get up and run but halfway she was tackled back to the ground once again and this time, the world was knocked away from her. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dim light. It was what Rosaline's eyes first noticed when she came to. Second would be the pounding on the back of her head. Third would be that she is face down on cold cement. She tried to raise her hand to the back of her head only to be constricted by what she could now remember to be tape. She struggled to set herself free and tried to bring her knees to her chest ignoring the pain in her legs only to realize that her ankles were tied together as well. Calming herself down to think logically she looked around from where she was to only see darkness except for where a lantern sat nearby and turning her head to the other side she was met with the same thing. Grunting she tried to free herself from her restraints whimpering when her skin felt as if it was being rubbed raw from her constant tugging to try and ease her wrists out but she stopped immediately when the sound of a door opening caught her attention.
'Boy, does this feel familiar or what?' She thought as the sound of heels made their way to her.

Turning her head in the correct direction she waited to see who it was that held her against her will. The face that shown in the dim light of the lantern was one that she wasn't expecting. The person came straight to her and bent down ripping the tape that covered her lips off. She let out a small yell and then let out a breath looking the person in the eyes.

"Antoinette." She muttered under her breath, her voice coming out scratchy and low due to the dehydration she was suffering but she knew that the she-wolf heard.

The woman tilted her head and a sly smile formed on her lips as she stood up. 

"Rosaline." She countered.

Rosaline began to struggle once again.

"You wench! Where the hell am I?" She snarled from her place on the ground.

Antoinette shook her head. "Oh dear. That is not the type of language that the pet to the king should have now is it? I'm guessing you already know about me being behind all of this thanks to those imbeciles. You can never find good help around here. They are all a bunch of idiots."

Rosaline screamed only to have Antoinette give a cynical laugh. "Go ahead. Nobody will hear."

Rosaline turned onto her back and looked up into darkness. "Why are you doing this?"

Out of the corner of her eye she watched as Antoinette began to circle her ignoring her question. "Do you know why you are here?"

Rosaline didn't reply. Instead she spat a wad of spit at the woman's feet as she walked by. The woman made a disgusted noise and growled.

"It seems someone needs a lesson on obedience and respect. My darling husband must have gone soft and can not remember how to keep his slaves in line."