{Chapter 24}

Chapter 24

Abellon swiftly hopped over the fallen log that was blocking their path and then reached back over to help Rosaline who stumbled slightly. When she was over he kissed the top of her head before they continued their walk. They've been walking for a while now and darkness was trying to break through into the sky. They were trying to soak up as much from the sun as they could before the chilly night came and they had to be back soon for Abellon feared for Rose's safety with it only being them two, even though he could easily protect her from any force that wished her harm, and so he took hold of her hand and they made their way quickly to their destination. 

Finally coming onto the meadow Rosaline let go of Abellon's hand and walked into it while running her fingers against the flowers upon the ground. Looking around she smiled at seeing the fireflies that were beginning to make their appearance. One came close to where she was and she lifted her hand out where it landed on the back of her hand and tried to crawl up her arm before she brought her other hand around and scooped it up. The firefly traveled around her left hand before going to the tip of one of her fingers and like the ladybug it flew off to join the others. She smiled as she watched the scenery and then jumped a little as a pair of warm arms wrapped around her from behind before a gentle smile crossed her lips and she snuggled into Abellon's hard chest.

"Beautiful isn't it?" She asked him quietly in fear that if she spoke to loudly then she'd scare the fireflies and the small critters that were scavenging around away.

"Mmhm" he hummed as he buried his nose in her hair inhaling her scent before moving downwards where his lips were close to her ear. "But, not as beautiful as you. Nothing could come close or compare to you. It all dims when you are near for your beauty outshines it all." He whispered before kissing her upon her pulse.
She shivered and turned around in his arms, going onto the tips of her toes she gave him a kiss on the lips.

"You are quite charming you know?"

He grinned and leaned down to capture her lips in a passionate kiss. She moaned as he deepened it and raised her arms to around his neck. After a few minutes Abellon pulled back to look at her glazed eyes and smiled in satisfaction. Rosaline pouted and he kissed it away before pulling back and grabbing her hand once again to drag her to the center of the meadow where he sat down pulling her into his lap. They sat in silence and watched the wonderful view that looked as if it belonged in a painting. Rosaline had her head laid against Abellon's chest as he combed his fingers through her hair.

"What's it like being a werewolf?"

The question has been playing in Rosaline's mind lately. She was curious of exactly what all of the benefits are of being one, not that she ever wanted to turn. Of course she's seen the obvious out of them and she wanted to know what else they could do.

"Well" Abellon started, a little surprised by the question. "our senses are heightened which means we can see better, smell better and hear better than humans which you've probably noticed. We're stronger in both our human and other form. We are not allergic, or however you want to put it, to silver or wolfsbane. It does not weaken us when we are near it or touch it. The only weakness that we have are our mates." He stopped and smiled down at her before continuing. "I've already told you how me and Rhyvos are able to control our change while the others can not. I do not know exactly why this is but I figure it's because we are above the others. We are kings. Well, Rhyvos is king and I once was. I won't say that it's impossible for the others to change though. There are certain...remedies...that can turn them but they would have no control whatsoever over their wolf form and can end up hurting a lot of innocent people. Anyways, we can eat anything. Our stomach can digest pretty much everything short of concrete." He laughed and Rosaline giggled.