Chapter 3

Sorry about the mistakes I just saw them. I edit my own work and usually have no problem but I editted those chapters late at night. I'll be extra careful.

Please comment and vote. I'd love to hear your ideas!! Enjoy : )

*************************

~~~ Chapter 3~~~~~~~

I felt sweat trickling down my back causing my pink prinecess tank top to stick to my back like a second skin. My matching plaid khaki pants felt rough against my skin as I sat on the floor motionless. I feared that if I moved they'll notice me. I held my small teddy bear with the ruby red ribbon around it's neck close to my chest. Mama's friend gave it to me when he came in before. He walked straight up to me handing it to my stiff arms with a smile,he also said I look pretty today. Mama beamed at that. She spent over an hour brushing my tangled bed hair down into a perfect mermaidbraid.

Mama's friend cslled early this morning telling her he was going to stop by. Mama rushed me to be presentable, I think she likes this guy. She tidied our cramp apartment. The pizza boxes were in trash where they should have been a week ago. The dishes were shoved in a cabinet until later, clothes stuffed in the only broken two sided drawer I had. The beds were picked up which was new, the dust and bugs that usually covered our floor was pushed under the unused oven. It wasn't perfect but an improvement for us.

"Denise look at this place, is it really where you want to raise her?" the man shouted

I was sitting on the ground facing the kitchen where the stranger stood with my mom. The man with had thick glossy brown hair that reached slightly below the nape of his neck. His skin a light tan that matched his caramel colored eyes. When he approached me they were warm and inviting until mama tugged him to the kitchen then they went hard.

Mama reached a hand up to his arm pulling him closer to her.Her black hair was pulled back and her face thick with make up. I think she looks better without any.

"No Richie, I should be with you not here." she purred in his ear

Did she forget me? I said nothing keeping still and watching. Mama bit his ear gently causing the man to shiver. Mama smiled and kissed his cheek. He pushed her away from him gently.

"I love my wife you know that. That night was a mistake and before I married her. I have moved on and so should you." he said through clentched teeth

Mama stared wide eyed at the man her body trembling with anger I knew well.

"No I love you! I want you not anyone else!" she screamed

Liar, I thought. She brought other men over all the time. They were mean always pushing me or trying to touch me. I hate men. But this man was different, I looked at the man in the kitchen. He is nice and never hurt me. I wish he would take me away from here, from her.

"Denise we went over this already. I'll help find a better apartment for you two, a better neighborhood for her to grow up in." he motioned to me

I felt my heart swell as this stranger talked about a better life. Maybe he heard my silent prayers at night. Mama turned to me with rage filled eyes.

"You have ruined everything for me again you stupid cow! Why the fuck are you crying!" she yelled walking over to me

Mama gripped my shoulders shaking me violently. "You fucking slut! I saw you with Kris yesterday." she said referring to last night's fun for her