Chapter 33

This is the second last chapter!! :'(

No goodbye speech from me. That's for the last chapter ;P

*******************

Chapter 33

The sound of the gun echoed in my ear. Annabelle was standing above me with her chest rising and falling quickly.

It was then I realized I was on my knees with my arms wrapped around my torso. My heart pounded in my ears, I'm alive!

I twisted and saw that Annabelle missed, she hit the wall above me. I let out a breath of relief.

"Lily." I heard a familiar deep voice call out in a panicked voice

What is he doing here? Annabelle's high heels clicked against the floor paced to the far wall and back. Her hands trembled as she lifted the gun towards the door.

The footsteps got louder as Ethan approached my room. His green eyes were wide with fear that relaxed a little when he saw me on the ground. Jake came up beside him with a look of shock.

Melissa crouched by the door holding her head. When she saw the guys she quickly crawled over to Jake who helped her to her feet. Melissa's legs quaked as she leaned against Jake's shoulder with tears streaming down her cheeks.

Ethan took a cautious step forward his eyes holding mine for a brief moment before returning to Annabelle.

"Get out!" she hissed

She pointed the gun at Ethan and my heart nearly stopped beating as the image from before returned to my mind.

"Listen to her Ethan, go." I said my voice thick with emotion

I felt my eyes sting with unshed tears. Annabelle actually shot at me, if I hadn't dropped down to my knees I would be dead. I was wrong before, Annabelle is capable of killing someone.

Ethan swallowed his adams apple bobbling. Jake pushed Melissa behind him as she wept.

"Mom put the gun down." Jake said his voice strangely shaky

Annabelle's eyes filled to the rim with thick tears as she shook her head. A fat tear slid down her cheek. She kept the gun pointed at Ethan as I sat between the two.

Get out Ethan, I screamed in my head.

"Annie." dad called out as he came up beside Jake

Dad stared at Melissa's pink cheek and snotty face. His brows knitted together before he looked over to me on the ground.

"It's not what it looks like." Annabelle whispered

"You have a gun Annie." he gestured a hand towards a trembling Melissa

"You hit our daughter, it's exactly what it looks like."

She cocked her head to the side a hurt expression on her face. From the corner of my eye I saw Ethan nudge dad toward Annabelle. Dad stumbled forward and sent Ethan a 'what the hell' look.

"Richie please understand that I did this all for you. For us." she shook her head and raised a hand up to her head

She pressed two fingers to her temple like it could take everything away.

"Denise was in my way. I worked so hard to make our family and she just waltzed into our lives." she mumbled

"I just wanted a family with the man I love. Was that too much to ask for?"

Dad's forehead creased. Is she insane? Of course she killed my mom, she has a damn gun. Dad's face hardened.

His mouth dipped into a frown.