Chapter 5

hey all thanks for reading and please vote and comment!! -on knees with puppy dog eyes-

I just want your take on the story and characters. who knows I might use what you suggest. well here is the fifth chapter explaining a little bit of Ethan's and Lily's relationship.

I am uploading whenever I can and will continue as long as I'm receiving votes and comments. I don't expect you to fan me just respond to my story.

Also I might write Ethan's pov just a thought.

Well enjoy!!!

***********************

Chapter 5

I took a big bite of the saucy pasta across from my plate smiling innocently when Nick gave me a look. I shrugged leaning back into the soft red vinyl booth.

"Why did you order grilled chicken if you end up eating my pasta?" he asked

I cut the chicken bringing the small piece into my mouth chewing slowly. Nick moved his plate away from me.

"I couldn't decide besides we're best fweinds Nick." I pouted my bottom lip enlarging my eyes

Nick reached over the table catching my bottom lip in between his fingers

"Nickk.." I hissed pulling away

He chuckled as I wiped my mouth on my napkin making gagging noises. I gave him a dark glare before stealing some pasta from his plate. Serves him right.

We eat in silence with me occasionaly taking his food. He pulled his plate closer to his chest with a smirk thinking I wouldn't reach. Don't stand between me and food. I half climbed over the table earning some dark glares from other costumers. I successfully had a mouthful of his food. I gave him an evil smile sliding back to my seat.

Nick shook his head amused that I'd go to that length to eat his food.

"I forgot how I have to fight you off while trying to eat." he said shaking his head

I slid my plate over to his half empty one.

"Here I'm full."

Without hesitating he dug into my plat inhaling the chicken as well as the vegatables and potatoes I hadn't touched. I took a sip of my water trying to look away as my best friend ate as if it were his first time.

"Ahh that hit the spot." he said leaning back clutching his stomach.

"So what have you been up to lately?" Nick asked with a smirk

My eyebrows knitted together as I searched his face for a hint at what he was really asking. If it weren't for the devilish smirk I would consider that question harmless.

"Nothing much." I replied

Nick narrowed his eyes still smirking.

"You sure Lil. Nothing important you haven't told me about. We have been friends since middle school."

I picked my brain searching for anything important that has happened. I shook my head. I have told him everything well not every detail of my life. My mom was a private topic and Nick respected that.

He leaned foward pushing our empty plates aside. His elbows were on the table with his head inches from mine.

"Nothing?" he asked suspiciously

I shook my head once more clueless. Nick leaned back into his seat. He took a gulp of his soda never taking his eyes off me. I watched as he circled the rim of his glass with his index finger.