Chapter 15

Chapter 15

"Okay so Nick is the one who runs with the ball." Rach said crossing her brows in confusion

The corner of my mouth tipped upwards. You'd think after almost four years of watching Nick's games she'd know that he is the running back.

"Is that him?!" she shouted pointing to any player in the school uniform

"No."

Rach crossed her arms over her mid drift leather jacket. Under it she wore a blue cocktail dress that reached inches below her thighs,with black pumps. Her golden hair tousled neatly into a ponytail.

"Just remember Nick is number 7." I shouted over the roaring crowd

It was packed with students from the opposing team and ours. Some idiots were painted in their teams colors screaming like hoolagans. I shivered rubbing my arms.

I was wearing a plum purple sleeved dress that barely covered my butt, paired with my own black pumps. With a touch of purple eye shadow, a touch of blush and some gloss. My dark brown hair flowed freely down my shoulders.

Yeah I admit I look good but I'm freezing my ass off! Rachel didn't let me bring a coat claiming it would ruin my look.

Everyone stood shouting when Nick ran through the clump of players protecting him. I found myself standing yelling for Nick to go. One of the players on the other team lunged at Nick knocking him face first into the grass.

Rachel gasped grabbing my arm her nails digging into my cold, bare wrist.

"That is leaving a mark."

Seating beside me Ashton shook his head wincing.I hadn't realized he was here. Since our agreement two days ago I haven't seen him. I think he has avoid me after Jake's behaviour.

"Haven't seen you in a while?"

Ashton smiled his eyes still set on the feild. Nick was up and running again.

Rachel let go , settling into her seat.

"Your bodyguards can be a little intimadating." he said turning to me

"So are we still on?" I ask hoping that's why he's here

Ashton chuckled his blue eyes sparkling mischeiviously. "Backing out already?"

"No, I stick to my word."

"You like football?" he asked fully facing me

"Something about a bunch of guys ramming into each other intreges me." I said shrugging

"So you understand the game?" he said raising an eyebrow

"Because I'm a girl I don't know sports. That is sexis, you know.For your information I am not a girly girl." I said placing my hands on my hips

His eyes dropped to my outfit as a light blush covered my cheeks. Guess I do look girly. Ashton's eyes lingered on my legs a little longer than they should have. I cleared my throat grabbing his attention.

"I'll take it your going to the after party." he said his eyes roaming my body

"We sure are." Rachel answered poking her head out to be seen

He waved politely his eyes returning to me almost immediately. Subconciously I pulled my dress down lower for it to ruffle up higher.

"Who are you again?"

Ashton introduced himself and those two hit it off talking about who knows what. I tuned them out at the intro my attention fully on the game.

In the end we won, by a touchdown which Nick made at the last minute. Literally! Quickly filling Rachel in on the highlights of the night she was off to congratulate him. I rode with them to the party, Nick and I going over the game. He was upset when I mentioned what he could have done to improve his game. Regular talk after a game.