Chapter 18

i love reading your comments so thank you for supporting this story. This chapter is for you guys!

by the way i changed the title of my new story Saving Grace to Heart of Gold, check it out please!!

************************

Chapter 18

Lily's POV

It was dead silent around the dinning table with only the clanking of forks on plates. Dad was surprised to see Ethan sitting at the table but forced a polite hello.

No doubt Jake invited Ethan just to keep the heat off of him for tonight. Wish I thought of that. Twirling my fork I put a fork full of pasta in my mouth enjoying the spicey homemade sauce.

I couldn't help but smile remembering our conversation. We're friends, I have my friend back. I'm not sure how this will work our if I can handle it but I'm willing to try. From the corner of my eye I saw Ethan watching me with a smile of his own.

It dawned on me last night when he had his hands in my hair how much I need him. Ethan has always been my sturdy rock, my shoulder to cry on, only person who understands the diffuculties I went through and still am.

"This is amazing Mrs. Evans, your a talented cook."

I looked up at Ethan's mischevious smirk. My eyes darted to Annabelle, she smiled sweetly but by the way she practically slammed her fork down she is pissed. Ethan saw me in the kitchen cooking... he's doing it on purpose!

"Actually Lily made this." she said through clenched teeth

Ethan winked before returning to his food, I bit my lip from laughing. Haha take that Annabelle!

"She always loved messing around in the kitchen." Annabelle said with a smile

The smile on my face fell, my fist clenched as I waited for her to clarify. Instead she smiled my way and lifted her glass of wine up to her mouth. Dad seemed very aware of what was going cause he stopped chewing and looked down at his plate.

Someones foot rubbed my calve in a circle motion. Startled I looked up to see Ethan mouth the words 'coming from the mother hoe'.

A giggle escaped my lips causing everyone to stare my way. Disguising my laugh for a cough I waved my hand showing I'm fine.

"Hows your father's business Andrew?" dad asked changing the topic

From there we seemed to go into a freindly discussion about careers and futures. Turns out Ethan wants to be a mechanic, he always did love fixing things.

When I went to collect everyones plates Melissa surprised me by taking the remainder plates.

"I'll help you with desert." she said sweetly

What?! Shocked I followed her into the kitchen. Slamming the plates onto the counter Melissa lunged to the fridge and took out the cake.

"Cut me a piece I'm starving!" she hissed

Rolling my eyes I cut her a large piece. Like a pig she is she dug into it. During dinner she barely touched her food since there is a guest.

"How am I suppose to explain a missing piece?" I asked grabbing the cake

Melissa washed her hands and grabbed the forks and plates. Shrugging she went back in with me behind her.

"Mmmm cake!" Jake held out his hands for a piece

I gave the first piece to Ethan since he is the guest than dad and Annabelle. Jake practically ripped my arm off grabbing his piece. I handed a piece to Melissa and she shook her head.