Chapter 12

nothing to say ^_______^

VOTE!!

COMMENT!!

************************

Chapter 12

With wobbly legs I took a step foward gliding on the fresh ice. My hands were out in front of me in case I fell. A group of guys whooshed by me causing me to lean to far on one side almost falling face first.

It seemed everyone from school was at the pond. It was a two days since my traumatic realization that I look like my mom. After a night of reliving my past and a whole day of imprisionment at home Rach managed to drag me out today. It snowed yesterday adding a thick layer of ice to the oversized pond in the back of the park.

I hate skating mainly because I can't stay on my feet. But both Annabelle and Rach teamed up to get me out. Annabelle was 'concerned' about my non social life. The longer I know Annabelle the more I think she is trying to live through me. I shuddered at the thought.

"Come on your not even trying." Nick came up behind me holding my hand pulling me foward

He looked so elegant in a pair of black sweats swishing his skates in the ice pulling me like cargo behind him.

"Remember in the movie Bambi when he is first born and the hyper active rabbit gets him to get on the ice?" I asked

Nick tugged me past a couple holding hands.

"Yeah I'm Bambi and your the hyper rabbit."

He turned to face me and laughed his breath swirling in the air. Nick's cheeks were pink from the cold brightening his ocean blue eyes.

Letting go of my hand Nick skated a figure eight around me. Show off!

"Isn't this better than mopping in your room?" he gestured to the packed pond

The pond was filled with children and teens enjoying the cold weather. Parents watched their kids from the sidelines. There were people scadered on the banks of the pond playing in the snow which to me sounded better. Some vendors took this oppurtunity to set mini stands of hot beverages and sweets. I saw a little girl sitting on a blanket with a chocolate cupcake and hot chocolate.

Too busy wishing for a warm cup of coffee I didn't notice Nick screaming at me to turn until I landed on my butt. I slid foward my rear throbbing as laughter erupted from around me. Yeah I had to fall in front of teens and kids, perfect audience.

Slowly standing up I rubbed my wet butt. Nick slid up to me trying to hold back laughter.

"I'm taking a coffee break, you want one?" I asked

"Nah you go ahead Bambi." he said helping me to the side of the pond

When I was safely on the ground I punched his arm earning an irratated look. Nick rubbed his arm

"I swear your part man." he said jokingly

He pushed me playfully before dashing back to the ice. With a victorious laugh he blended into the sea of skaters.

Jerk!

After grabbing an extra strong cup of coffee I sat on the snowy ground, my butt was already wet and cold.

It was a chilly afternoon with the sun shining down onto the fresh snow making it shimmer like diamonds. The main roads and walkways were cleared in the park. Four inches of snow covered the slide and courts leaving either the swings or the pond clear to go on.

A little boy slid by causing ice to come shooting my way and into my coffee. Dreadfully I dumped it in the garbage when the same blond boy did it again.