Chapter 16

VOTE!!

COMMENT!!

*********************

Chapter 16

Ethan's POV

Jake raised his second cup of beer to his mouth gulping it down. He was slumped on the couch staring aimlessly at the dancers a few feet away.

"Why did you drag me here?" I groaned bending my head back

There was a reason I didn't come to these after parties. They were filled with desprate girls, horny guys and more alcohol than teens should have access to.

"Its a party man just losin' up." he slurred angerily

I stood up feeling a bit aggravated that Jake dragged me here for no reason other than its a 'party' and now he is drunk on the couch. Nice, real smooth.

"Your an idiot." I mumbled running my hands through my hair

In no way was I in the mood to party. I looked around the packed room I spotted Rachel walking towards us with a cup in her hand. Damn two drunks!

"Hey I didn't know you guys were here."

She didn't slur her words or sway like others around her. In fact Rachel didn't even smell like alcohol. As if she heard my thoughts she tipped her drink foward.

"Its juice from the fridge. My parents would kill me if I came home drunk."

"Juice! Its a party get WASTED!!" Jake shouted raising his cup up in the air

Rachel giggled and plopped down beside him. Jake turned in her direction as a smile tugged on his lips.

"Wow your pretty but I got a girl. Sorry pretty girl." he shrugged his shoulders and laid back into the couch

I laughed at my friend's stupidity. Rachel shook her head with a smile. Nick really got lucky with this one. She is pretty, smart, caring and fun to be around. Yeah some guys are just lucky.

"Where is Nick?" I asked ignoring Jake

"With some guys he said he'd be down in a sec.Y'all having a good time?" she asked

"It would be better if Cindy was here. That's my girl and she is babysitting right now. Don't get any funny ideas pretty girl Cindy is speacil." he pointed a finger at Rachel accussingly

Rachel bit her lip stiffling a giggle and nodded. Jake smiled pleased with her reaction than dropped his head into the couch cushion and sang Bruno Marz's Marry you.

".... yeah baby I think I wanna marry you." he screached

He was screaming something but it was muffled by the cushion. Rachel gave me a concerned look. Jake was offically out for the count.

Typical Jake, drag me out for a fun time than get drunk and make a fool of yourself.

"Hey guys." Nick paused in front of us eyeing Jake oddly

Rachel stood up and kissed him lightly on the lips. I felt envious of their relationship, friends to a couple without complications. Nick wrapped his arm around her waist pulling her to his side.

"Did you guys win?" I asked

"Yup. You should have seen him running past those big guys." Rachel gloated

"You should come to one of our games." Nick offered

Maybe I would. The whole team spirit thing wasn't me. I'll play and watch but no way am I freezing my ass for a team that may or may not win.