Chapter Thirteen- The Desert Flower

327 B.C.

Now everyone was departing, the tents all packed up and the soldiers setting out. We were placed in the middle of the entourage for the men to be able to watch over us. Before leaving I searched for a sign of Campaspe, but she was nowhere to be found. Did Alexander kill her? I couldn't make assumptions too quickly. 

Alexander came back to me on his stallion, intimidating and determined as ever in his armor. His eyes landed on me and he held his hand out to me, inviting me to join him on his horse. I smirked and turned away from his offer, walking forward with Ebony and Theti at my side. I heard his growl, low and threatening. 

"Come here," he demanded, keeping up beside me. 

"I rather not," I casually replied, refusing to look at him. Although I didn't see him, I could feel his frustration radiating off of him. He reined his horse in front of me. 

"I wasn't giving you a choice,"

He instantly threw me up upon his horse. I gave up trying to resist him. What was the point when he would win in the end anyway? I wrapped my arms around his torso, clinging to him as he urged his horse forward to the front of the pack. I relaxed slowly, laying my head against his back. I felt him go rigid for a moment, but relaxed as well. I sighed. 

"You are so complex. I don't know what it is, but somehow your rejection urges me to win you over even more," he paused, as if waiting to see my reaction before continuing, "I will have you, Roxana,"

"You might marry me, but that doesn't mean you will truly have me," I replied. 

Alexander turned to look at me, his eyes practically glowing with anger, "Soon enough I will. I will promise you that, my princess,"

"This changes nothing," I hissed. 

"Oh, my dear Roxana, this changes everything. You are mine," he chuckled. How I hated that man. 

We came into line with Alexander's major generals. His eyes wandered their way back to me, a smirk formed upon his lips. He looked over at the generals. 

"Halt," he commanded and the generals along with the rest of the pack did so, "Let us stop at the nearest village. I think it is time for a wedding,"

Oh no. No, no, no. This couldn't be happening. I threw myself from the horse. In an attempt to escape, I ran with all my might. I stumbled through the sand and lost my footing half way. But soon enough, I heard his horse galloping after me. I stumbled more, trying to get as far away as possible. I couldn't, no, I wouldn't marry him. I couldn't be his bride. He was a monster. Once I was his, he would forever rule my kingdom. Oh, but Roxana, he already has conquered you and everything around you, I thought deep down. I was screaming at myself inside.

Alexander scooped me up, kicking and screaming. I thrashed violently, but it was no use. I then headbutted him, making him growl in response. He turned around, his eyes piercing me with a glare.

"Don't test me, sweetheart," he hissed, before galloping faster.

I silently cried, helpless. I wished Kiro was here to whisk me away from this. I wish this last year or so was only a nightmare and that I would soon awake. But my silent pleas would do nothing. I was Alexander's prey.

As I laid upon the rump of his horse, my eyes found their way up to him. He looked like an angel that fell from the heavens, descending his wrath upon this world. But I knew who he really was. He came from a place where the worst of demons would scavage. Just like them, he was a monster that wanted to devour everything in his path, like my kingdom, my beautiful Bactria.