Chapter Fourteen- Jealous Ambitions

Above is what I picture Alexander to look like, but blonde hair. Still trying to find a decent picture. 

Sorry guys, I haven't been able to update much lately. I mean, I just lost my dog and my family is falling apart right now. So many emotional things have been happening so I have been so distracted. But anyways, here is the next chapter and I hope y'all like it. 

327 B.C

Alexander's P.O.V.

"Alexander, are you sure about this?" Hephaiston spoke. 

Was I truly sure about this? This woman was infuriating and angered me to the core, yet either way I was passionate over her. Roxana was captivating at first sight. The things she did to me were unreal. Her eyes were stunning and I could stare at them for centuries. Her touch made me crave her even more. All I wanted was to ravish her the moment my eyes laid upon her.

"Yes, I am sure," I replied stern and firm. 

Hephaiston smiled and touched my shoulder. I smiled back. He chuckled. 

"You are in love," he said with a laugh.

"Love is for the weak,"

"You won;t be saying that for long," he muttered back. I shot him a glare in return.

"Alexander, have you decided  your contribution to the altar? It's sacred and tradition,"

I paused. I had forgotten about the traditions of a wedding. All I could think about was ravishing my Roxana tonight and having her to myself for all of eternity, always by my side. I looked around me and then my eyes settled upon a pile of silk. I went to the garment, picking it up and feeling the smooth fabric between my fingers. I saw all the memories of Campaspe and I from the beginning. Her appearing before me for the first time dressed in these silken garments as a gift to me. All the nights I spent under the animal skins with Campaspe, taking her every night. I knew I never loved her, but I wanted her, I was tempted by her. But she is another woman left in the past. No I had my Roxana, forever. I turned to Hephaiston, holding the silk robes. He smiled, nodding his head.

"This is the one," I responded. 

"Time to go to the altar,"

Roxana's P.O.V.

I stood at the beginning of a pathway of warriors holding torches that led to the altar where Alexander stood. A shudder erupted throughout my body, both in fear and anticipation. Escorted by Titus, I walked down the path. My eyes landed on each and every detail individually. The flames setting a glow upon the village, the altar covered in offerings, and most of all, Alexander. 

I trembled at his touch, coming before the altar. This time, it was my turn to sacrifice a part of myself as a gift to the gods. I gave the two things that mattered to me the most. Father's talisman and Kiro's pendent. I placed them on the altar and saw there along with my possessions, Campaspe's silken robes. My eyes were attracted to Alexander's in surprise. He was sacrificing his love for Campaspe, for me. His bore into mine and I could instantly see his truthfulness and vulnerability. 

A guard handed Alexander a torch, the flame flickering over our faces. Alexander grabbed my hand, placing it over the torch handle, both of us holding it. He leaned forward and whispered softly into my ear. 

"Together,"

Together we lit the offerings, sending the altar into a blazing frenzy. Smoke billowed up to the heavens, and our eyes followed it before it was swallowed up in the night sky. I felt something against my hand, and my gaze went down. Alexander's hand was laced with mine and for some reason, I couldn't help but smile. I looked to the robes that burned alongside Kiro's pendent and Father's talisman. We had both given up something that was apart of our lives. Given up something for each other.