Chapter Twenty Three-Sister Wives

Hey lovelies!! Don't hate me for what's about to come next!! By the way, the picture below is similar to my idea but not completely. Needs to look a little bit more ancient. But close enough. Anyways, enjoy!

I woke up heaving from yet the same nightmare as before. Seeing Alexander dead every night in my dreams made it hard for sleep to come back to me. The fear of watching it all over again kept my eyes from shutting themselves again. Dawn was quickly approaching. I sighed again, snuggling deeper beneath the animal skins. I looked around the room, not realizing until now how much more lavish it was compared to my home. This was the most at home I had felt in years. The walls were decorated in paintings foretelling history. There were beautiful carvings everywhere, painting a luxurious blood red. I wondered how much more beautiful the king's chamber was. This one was absolutely gorgeous.

An arm draped over me and I looked over my shoulder to see Alexander still fast asleep in bed beside me

An arm draped over me and I looked over my shoulder to see Alexander still fast asleep in bed beside me. I shifted in bed to face him, studying his features. His hair was a mess of wild and untamed curls. His blue eyes were closed and a small smile was on his face. He looked so calm, so peaceful. How I wanted to touch his sleeping face. His eyes slowly fluttered open, capturing mine in his piercing gaze. I smiled softly to him, my heart warming at the sight of him. He pulled me into him closer and breathed a sigh of happiness.

"I wish I didn't have to leave this bed and be away from you another second. You made me a very happy man last night, my Roxana," Alexander murmured.

"Then don't," I mumbled, moving closer, "Stay with me a little while longer,"

He kissed me more tenderly, caressing my chin ever so gently. As the kiss deepened, his hand found its way beneath the covers, pulling them down to reveal my nakedness. I blushed, feeling vulnerable and exposed before Alexander's eyes. His touch sent shivers down my spine, igniting yet another fire within me. I moaned in response, causing him to smirk at my reaction. Alexander's hands caressed my breasts, feeling their fullness before trailing his hand further down my stomach before reaching behind to gently squeeze my buttocks. I felt hot, needing to be pleasured, but suddenly, he stopped.

Alexander kissed my hair and spoke with sigh, "I must go speak with Ambhi. But I promise you once I have conquered the world and have my empire built, I will finally be yours to have day and night. I will be at your beck and call. But for now, I have things to attend to. I'm sorry, my Queen,"

I pouted as he sat up from the bed, stretching. I observed his backside, his shoulder blades were painted with scars from previous battles. I had never noticed them before, how it made him look like a glorious war hero. I admired him from this angle. While I stayed in bed, I watched his naked figure prepare. Alexander began to put on his armor piece by piece. Form this sight, he didn't look like a king, nor a conqueror, nor a fierce warrior, but instead a man. For that was what he truly was, just a man.

"I must go, my queen. Be safe," Alexander spoke before pecking me.

"I will join your army," I replied.