Getting Them Drunk

"Welllllllll......." Jack cocked his head while staring at the menu as if it were the blueprints to the universe and life.

"I uh guess we'll have um-" Jack glanced over at Mark and then continued talking, "-five beers. Oh and Nachos!" The waitress finished writing our order and then took our menus. As she walked away, Amber adjusted the way she was sitting. Being wedged inbetween of Christy and Ryan wasn't exactly her favorite place to be. At least I'm not like poor Matt.

On the other side of the booth sat Matt, Mark, and Jack. Mark had ended up in the middle and his wide shoulders were jutting into Matt and Jack. Both were moving around in their seats trying to find a way to get comfortable while not falling out of their side of the booth.

"Uh can we maybe pull up some chairs?" Jack popped out of the booth and grabbed two chairs from the tables that were nearby. Ryan got up and happily sat down in his own chair with elbow room. After the shuffling of seats they were all pretty quiet. Not really speaking.

They sat like that, occasionally making small talk with awkward silences, with Amber also bursting out into song causing the whole group to pause and blink at her, except for Jack. When he knew what she was singing he would join her in song and laugh the entire time he did it.

When the drinks and snacks arrived everyone dived right in. Everyone was either swigging booze (except for Mark of course) or stuffing their face filled with Nachos. Everyone was smiling at that point after they had had what they really needed, food and alcohol. Soon they ordered more, and the talk began to start right up again.

"Did you guys know that I am the best burper you will ever meet?" Matt said taking another swing of beer.

"What do you mean as in babies?" Mark shoves another nacho into his face leaving cheese behind on his lips.

"Nononono. I mean like burping." And with that Matt straightened up and let out a burp that lasted at least 5 seconds long, and loud enough for surrounding tables to turn around and tsk them. Matt grinned after he was finished, appearing so proud of himself, but his celebration was soon interrupted by a burp at least twice as long and loud enough that the birds outside in the trees flew away.

They all turned to Christy in awe.

"Heck now THAT was a burp." Christy made direct eye contact with Matt, almost as if she was dating him to challenge her to a duel of burping extravaganza.

"Is it just me or has the sexual tension in this room just skyrocketed?"

"JESUS IS THAT YOU?!" Ryan raised his head from his hands looking up at the ceiling.

"Wow you are a drunk mother- trucker." Jack got up and hauled Ryan to his feet.

"Now if you'll excuse me I, Jesus, need to take this guy here to purification which requires hot chicks and cool aid." They stumbled off into the bathroom and the back of the bar, bumping into chairs, tables, and whatnot.

This is gonna be a long evening.