A Kiss

"Uh I need two plain cheeseburgers with fries and a slice of Apple pie!" Amber said pulling off a piece of paper from her notepad and putting it on the spinning carousel. Being back at work made things seem more normal, and all of her troubles seemed to fall away.

"Hey um Amber..." A new guy said, waving her down. I think his name is Greg or something? Amber wasn't sure. He had just started working at Freddy's Pizzeria and Burgers, and Amber mostly kept to herself at work. Her locker was empty, she rarely ever talked to her co-workers except about work, and usually ate at the strip mall down the street.

"Oh um yeah what is it?" Amber pushed her hair back out of her face and rearranged the way her items were placed in her apron, rarely looking up at Greg.

"I was wondering... Are you free Saturday?" At this Amber stopped fidgeting and looked up to see exactly who the guy was. Looking at him she was a little surprised he was talking to her. He looked as if he was an ex marine, with a crew cut and clean shaven. He also looked as if he went to the gym daily, because his arms were as big as tree trunks. Looking down she was happy to note that he never skipped leg day.

"Well I uh. This is awkward.. I'm kind of in a relationship right now..?" Amber said with a grimace. She had never really turned down someone for a date, or really been asked all that much for a date.

"How can you be kind of in a relationship?" Greg said with a quizzical look on his face.

"Well. The dude I like might like me but I don't know. When I wanted to know I got him drunk but he was Irish so it took a lot, but when I got him drunk he professed his love to some other guy and they got together. That morning i packed up and left and didn't talk to either for weeks but me and the dude I liked have recently got back together and I might say I like him I don't know it's all confusing you know?" After this Amber breathed in air repeatedly. Without knowing how she did it, Amber had said all of that in one breath. Greg just stared at her amazement, his jaw hanging open.

"Well then. I wouldn't expect, not to be rude or anything, that you would have THAT going on in your life. Wow." With that Greg walked away to a table that had motioned for him, leaving Amber there thinking about what she had just said, and realizing what was REALLY happening in her life.

---Time Skipzzzzz---

"GODDAMM IT"

Jacks screams could be heard from all across the country, his creative curses hurting Amber's ears. They were playing Mario Maker, and Jack had been on the same level for almost 40 minutes. Instead of them taking turns, Amber watched as Jack screwed up again and again and again, laughing every time he did. She just enjoyed watching Jack cuss out the game. And the world.

"OHHHH GOOODDD. ITS SO HARD."

"That's what she said..." Amber muttered taking sip of her water. Jack turned his head and looked her dead in the eyes. And laughed.

"HAHAHAHA. Oh god. I'm glad we are hanging out again." Tears seem to come to Jacks eyes, and he quickly wiped them away. "Do you want a try?" Jack offered moving the keyboard towards her.

"No I'm good." She replied with a smile, resting her head on her hand, waiting for Jack to continue playing. Minutes and minutes passed of laughter and fun between the two. After and hour and thirty minutes on the same level Jack ultimately ripped out his keyboard and screamed as loud as his voice could. Amber was laughing so hard she could barely breathe, and had to hold her sides to keep from exploding.

"OHMEGOSHTHISISFRICKINGHILAROUSILOVEYOU" Amber said in one word, never stop laughing until several minutes later. But what she hadn't noticed what the fact that after she said that Jack had froze and stared at Amber.

"Oh my god! That was so Fricking funny!"

"You love me?"

Amber's laughter died away as she realize what she had said earlier. He shouldn't have taken that seriously. Unless he likes me. The next thing she knew, Jack had his lips pressed against hers, and Amber was freaking out.