The Years Go By

A/N okay so this will be the rest of their lives. I will post one more chapter, THE FINAL chapter, after this one.

Jack and Amber went home, their hearts heavy with grief. When word got out to the YouTube community of Mark being a coma, many people hated on Jack. He got threats, a a huge drop in subscribers, not enough to sustain him. Jack got a job down the street from where Amber worked, and they met for lunch everyday.

After people found out that Mark wasn't waking up, there was an increase in suicides. Most people just couldn't stand to see their little biscuit like that.

The years went by, with Amber and Jack visiting Mark every Sunday evening. They would bring flowers to him once a month, and flowers to all of those who took their lives.

---

"Hey Jack?" Amber leaned into the kitchen where Jack sat paying bills.

"Mm hm?" He replied without looking up. The years had been cruel to him, even though he was 30, lines marked his face.

"I've got some good news." She smiled, a true happy smile, one filled with joy.

"Oh yeah? Is it that these fluffing tax people are dead and we no longer have to pay taxes?"

"Ha. No. I'm pregnant."

Jack seemed to freeze, and for a while Amber thought that maybe she was in a video game and it froze. But a grin spread across his face. Jack lrapt from his chair and basically squashed Amber in one humongous hug.

"Uh- Jack?" Amber wheezed out, "Can you- Let me breathe?" Jack chuckled and let go of her. He kissed the top of her head and asked what she wished to call it.

"Well. I would like to call it Christy, if its a girl-"

"How about Mark?" Jack said this as the sadness returned to his eyes.

"Well what if it's a girl?"

"Then she can live with the name of a man. The best man I ever knew." Jack wrapped her in a hug once more, and they stood like that in their kitchen, hugging each other, for what seemed like hours on end.