6::: a prank on Zedd for a girl

Dedication: Koda_Ray for being an amazing reader all around! Love ya!

And the fun begins...

Now.

Read on,

-Ally

* * *

"I still don't understand your infatuation with Zedd. He's, like, an animal. No, he's like an animal with rabbis. That way he's dying." I smirk evilly.

Megan rolls her eyes and takes a bite of her burger, a drop of grease falling onto her plate.

After the unfortunate run in with Zedd a few days ago I needed an outing with my best friend to get some normalcy back into my life.

So, at Megan's suggestion, we came to Burt's Burgers to eat some of their famous curly fries and steak burgers.

It's like a heavenly party in your mouth.

I take a sip of my vanilla milkshake and look at my best friend through my lashes. "No seriously...I want to know what you see in that creep."

She looks a bit offended but quickly recovers and picks up a fry, dipping it in my milkshake and tossing it in her mouth.

"Well," she starts, "he treats me well."

I give her a confused look. "Is that all?"

She sighs and looks down at her food. "I know you're only asking me to be nice and I don't want to go on and on about him all while knowing how you feel about him."

"Yeah, hatred." I joke. She gives me a look and I quickly apologize. "Sorry...and, Meg, you're my best friend and I know you. You want to vent about all this gushy stuff so here's your opportunity. Have at it."

She bites her lip and gives me a cautious look. "Are you sure, Max?"

I nod.

A grin breaks onto her face and she practically bounces in her seat. "Okay. And if at any point you want me to stop so you don't vomit, just tell me."

I laugh at her but quickly agree.

"Just hurry up and gush about my arch nemesis before I change my mind."

She giggles as she begins a huge rant about his eyes and his freckles (blech) along with how soft his hair is and I how nicely he treats everyone. Of course she mentioned the last one before telling me that the way he treats me doesn't count.

Well, thanks a lot.

By the time she's finished we've already finished our meals and I've already downed my second milkshake.

And even after she's finished talking she continues to daydream all the way home.

As we ride our bikes home it's completely silent and I'm partly regretting letting her go on like that.

That is until I remember how happy she looked as she spoke of him. And I guess that makes up for it.

She's my best friend and I'd do anything to see her happy.

But by the time we make it back to my house I'm concerned that the amount of time she spends daydreaming about him is starting to be a little unhealthy.

But, like the good and kind friend I am, I let it go and enjoy my time with her. 

"So." I start. "When do you not think about Zedd?" I try to sound casual and silently pray that I don't sound accusing.