19::: truth or dare for a girl

The sun goes down quicker than we thought.

Granted, time flies when you're having fun.

And I admit that though certain people (ahem, Zedd) annoy the living daylights out of me...I'm having a good time.

We've long since been out of the pool, all the girls' hair tied up on buns on our heads and all the guys' noses, cheeks and shoulders pink from the sun. Most of them have thrown their shirts on but Zedd and Darren keep theirs off claiming that they're hot.

Yeah right.

Everyone knows that they've been going to the gym together (along with Garrett but he eats to many donuts to show any real progress) and they just want some recognition.

Well they're not getting it from me that's for sure.

I roll my eyes as Meg takes her seat directly between them, Zedd shooting Darren a glare.

She smiles at both of them and I have never been so confused.

"So." Cora smirks, leaning forward. "Let's play a game shall we?"

All the guys whoop in a agreement and most of the girls just laugh. Not me. No way am I playing some cliche game and embarrassing myself in front of everyone.

Everyone looks at me and I squirm uncomfortably. "Come on Max. It's just a game of Truth or Dare. Completely harmless." Meg shrugs.

I give her a flat look and she looks around nervously.

"Fine." I sigh, wanting to get their attention off of me.

Aze shoots me an apologetic smile but I know he really wants me to participate.

"Who's first?" Lila asks looking around, her blonde hair pulled back into a French braid and her blue eyes glimmering in the pool light only a few feet away.

No one volunteers so she rolls her eyes and looks around the circle of lawn chairs, a warm fire in the middle. "Cora." She chooses. My friend closes her eyes and winces. "Truth or dare?"

She thinks for a moment. "Dare."

We all laugh when Lila smirks evilly. "I dare you to run down the street in your bikini."

Cora relaxes and lets out a relieved breath. "Oh that's not that bad."

"Alright let's go then!" Aze jumps up from his seat and rushes her out of her chair. She giggles and we all follow them to the front lawn.

She pulls off her t-shirt and jean shorts, handing them to Meg who laughs loudly at everyone's enthusiasm. From the back of the group Zedd compliments her swimsuit to which she replies with a glare.

We all watch as she begins at the house and on our mark she begins sprinting down the street, laughing as she goes.

We all cheer for her when a car passes her, honking several times before speeding away. She touches the stop sign at the end and starts back.

She returns, breathing heavily. "I really need to start working out."

I pat her on the back and Meg hands her clothes. "Nice job!" Aze laughs. She throws him a wink and my stomach churns. I ignore this.

"So...was it as exhilarating as it looked?" I laugh, nudging her with my elbow.

"More like exhausting." She huffs.