26::: comfort for a boy

- Thank you indigoapples for the suggestion of a chapter written in Zedd's POV.  -

Here it is guys! Don't forget to vote and comment:)

Enjoy.

* * *

[UNEDITED]

- Zedd's POV -

There are many many many things about Maxine Keller that drive me absolutely insane.

Like the way she chews her food. I don't know what it is, but there's something about the way her mouth moves and the obnoxious noises that causes me to cringe.

Or how she obviously thinks she's in control of every situation, and when someone challenges her she can't admit that she's in the wrong. I'm not even sure it's possible for her.

Ugh or that thing she does when she knows she's right. Her face does this thing and her eyebrows and eyes do this weird stare. Her lips pucker into an infuriating smirk.

Ever since I met her I knew she would forever aggravate me to no end. Yet, there's something entertaining about making her angry. Specifically at me.

It's like I can see smoke coming out of her ears. Her cheeks always turn slightly red.

Then again, her cheeks turn red a lot.

I chuckle under my breath, my head shaking from side to side when the picture of her red face appears in my mind.

I've never seen her face more red than when we almost...

A lump forms in my throat and I shake it off.

"What's up with you lately, Z?" Darren brings me out of my stupor.

I roll my eyes, trying to act as casual as possible. "What are you going on about?"

With a blank stare he sighs. "Oh shut up I've been watching you. You keep getting this creepy smile on your face. It's been going on for days."

I swallow, trying to stay calm under his scrutinizing gaze. Honestly, I have no clue what's going on with me so there's no way I'm able to explain it to someone else.

"You've been watching me? Sorry man I don't swing that way." I use my usual self conceited facade to avoid the issue.

He just sighs and shakes his head, not pressing any further.

"Have you hung out with Megan recently?" I try and turn the focus onto him with smirk.

He immediately averts his gaze, shrugging. "Not really."

"Oh come on, we all know you two have some complicated thing going on so just fill us in." I press.

He rolls his eyes, "Yeah because Garrett seems so eager to hear about my nonexistent love life."

We both look to the guy sitting in the corner on his phone, a cheesy smile on his face.

Looking at each other and groaning, we decide silently to just leave that whole thing alone. We learned a while ago not to tease Garrett in his love life.