17::: ice cream for a girl

Happy Sunday! Hope you're enjoying your day:) Don't forget to thank God for everything you have today. And if you're in a rough spot, thank him for being with you through it until the end.

Read on,

-Ally

***

I swear I'm trying to have to good time.

"Max, eat your food." Aze nudges me with a small smile, earning one from me in return. He's the only good thing about today.

Don't get me wrong, Meg is my best friend and she comes before anyone else but...at the moment I can't say the same for myself in her eyes.

I watch from our booth as Zedd laughs at something she said, her eyes lighting up to that fact he finds her amusing.

I didn't realize "double date" meant making Aze and I sit four booths away so I don't "ruin" their time together. Okay...so she didn't say that exactly but I get the gist.

"If it bothers you so much we can go, babe." He rubs his thumb over my hand, making me blush. Since when am I babe to him?

Not that I mind that much.

I sigh, giving him my puppy dog eyes. "Can we really?"

"No. Sorry but I enjoy spying on them." He shoves like ten fries in his mouth and I roll my eyes.

"It's not spying if they know we're here."

He shrugs it off and continues watching the couple. I scrunch my nose in disgust when the red headed creepo nuzzles his face in her neck, earning a giggle from my best friend. Bile rises in my throat. My eyes burn.

"I can't take this. Can we please go?" I beg firmly, grabbing his hand and giving it a squeeze.

This catches his attention, his eyes filling with concern as he squeezes my hand back and nods once reluctantly. "Ice cream?"

I nod sadly and we walk past the couple without even a sideways glance...not that they seem to mind. I'm suddenly pull sideways and tucked into the side of the boy next to me.

I feel secure and warm as we make our way to his motorcycle.

He throws his helmet on. I don't bother with mine until he insists and shoves it on my head, buckling and adjusting the straps. I groan, knowing how idiotic the helmets with no face covering looks.

He laughs at my face before kissing my nose and throwing his leg over the bike. I sigh and follow his example, resting my cheek against his bike as we make our way to a much needed ice cream binge.

I close my eyes against the wind nipping at my skin. My shirt whips against me and my baby hairs scratch at my eyes but I don't mind.

All I can think about is the sinking feeling in my stomach every time I see Zedd and Megan together. I can't stand the idea of him taking her away from me.

But there's always the hope that she's not as serious about him as she thinks she is, right?

I hope so.