33::: happy endings for a girl

[UNEDITED]

Zedd and I spent the next week or so spending time together and learning how to communicate and act after learning about our feelings for one another.

Let me tell you that while loving someone should be all flowers and sunshine it most certainly is not.

I've had to learn to hold my tongue, hold back the urge to slap him in the face, and keep my hands to myself all at the same time! It's exhausting.

And it's only been a week.

Is it hard to make the transition from friends to more than friends?

Hecka yes.

Is it worth it?

More than you know.

"Max?" Zedd whines as I type away on my phone, writing a caption for my Instagram post.

I quickly click the sleep button and hold my phone against my chest so he can't see what I'm doing. Not that he can considering he's sitting all the way in the kitchen while I'm settled into the sofa.

The reason for my sneakiness?

Well Zedd hasn't officially asked me to be his girlfriend yet and I've been editing and re-editing this photo and caption for when I announce our astonishing yet no doubt expected relationship.

"Yeah?"

"I'm hungry." He groans.

I hear a chair screech against the tiled kitchen floor before I feel his arms wrap around me from behind, his body leaning against the back of the couch.

"Make me food." He whispers into my ear.

I roll my eyes, trying to bring myself to push him away but no such luck.

"Why don't you make your own food?" I turn my head to give him a cheeky smile.

After walking around the couch he flops heavily onto the cushion beside me, throwing his arm over my shoulder and leaning in close.

My heart races. I don't think I'll ever get used to having a guy actually want to show my affection. Especially him. But I guess that's a good thing. 

His fingers play with the hair pulled up into my ponytail, the strands moving through his fingers pulling at hairs and tickling my scalp. I resist the urge to close my eyes and go to sleep.

I must have accidentally let my eyelids slide closed because when I open them his eyes are on my face, running over my eyes before dropping to my lips.

I smile gently causing him to grin.

"Remember the beginning of the summer when I said I would rather jump off the Empire State Building than kiss you?" He asks me, his hand now rubbing the back of my neck gently.

I laugh. "Yeah. I said I'd rather have my foot tied to the bumper of a car and have it drive away."

He chuckles, smile lines appearing on his young skin from all of the sun it's seen this summer. "Did you mean it?"