Chapter 3

I immediately regretted the decision I made to open my eyes.

The blinds that were unfortunately left open, allowed the blinding sun to beam through the window and worsen my headache.

Holding a hand over my head, my scrunched up eyes scanned the room. I don't recall coming back here, the last I remember was stumbling into the van after the beach and falling asleep.

I reluctantly stepped out of the blanket that I had somehow became cocooned in and stepped over Larry and Bondy who were passed out on the floor.

My slow journey to the kitchen came to an abrupt stop when I bumped into someone.

"Morning love." He quietly chuckled.

I rubbed my eyes and was finally able to see who was in front of me. It was Van, he didn't look half as hungover as myself which was annoying considering he drank much more.

"Why don't you look like death?" I pouted.

He took a small sip of his tea, "I dunno? Must be able to handle my drink better."

I wasn't a lightweight when it came to drinking, however that wasn't to say I could drink a professional under the table and not feel like hell the next day.

I made myself a cup of tea before returning back into the living room and wrapping myself up in the blanket.

Larry, Harper and Benji were awake at that point. All three were dying, covering their faces with blankets and pillows to block out any sort of contact with the light.

Van was sprawled out on a sofa across the room, his eyes were now closed indicating that he had fallen back to sleep.

"You're warm." Harper grinned sleepily as she slipped under my blanket.

"And you're bloody freezing." I gasped as her cold feet came into contact with my leg.

I was pretty much stuck to the sofa so decided that my only option was to fall back asleep. It would probably lighten up my headache.

Thankfully, when I woke up three hours later, that was exactly the case.

"I like the beach." Ade chimed as she curled up beside Benji. I must've been the only one to notice him blush and it was completely adorable.

"We should go every week, make it a tradition or summat!" Harper suggested with a grin.

It felt so foreign to me, having friends, going out with friends. Back home I was lonely, after the divorce of my parents I hid myself from everyone. It was my fault, I cut myself off but it still hurt having them ignore me.

Since we moved I haven't received one text, nothing.

"Sounds like a plan." Larry agreed.

I quietly unlocked my phone and scrolled through the messages from my mum. They were all pretty similar in the idea of me being rude to Kyle and that she was ashamed of my behaviour. Although the last text had me slightly on edge.

From Mum
Sent at 06:00
'Get home as soon as you see this.'

It had only dawned on me that I had no ride home and I also had no clue where I was.

"Hey Ade, where's the closest bus stop?" I mumbled, trying to slip on my converse.

She looked thoughtful for a moment before replying, "the left of the entrance. Are you leaving now?"

As much as I wanted to stay, the text had me worried and curious.

"Yeah, my mam needs help-unpacking or summat." I lied.