Chapter 22

"She's waking up!"

"Finally!"

"Is she alive?!"

"Of course she's alive Harper, she's breathing."

The world felt as though it had stopped spinning for a moment. Everything felt so slow. It must've taken me a good ten minutes to actually pry my eyes open.

Sunlight flooded in and everything slowly fell into focus.

I wasn't in a room I recognised, however the regular beeping noise and busy voices around me signalled that I was in fact in a hospital room.

It was at that point I noticed the faces around me. Ade, Harper, Bondy, Benji, Larry, Bob... No Van.

"Hey sweetie." Ade's caring voice cooed.

"Hi." My voice croaked, probably due to my voice box not being used much.

Before I could even ask what happened, Harper began to inform me. "Oh Jesus El you scared us, the ambulance man took you away and Ade went with you. We all followed straight up in the van."

Van.

"I tried to call Van, his phone must be dead." Larry sighed.

"Thank God Kathleen found you in time, who knows what would've happened if she didn't!" Bob gasped.

Wait... What?

••••

-Van

I pretty much covered every inch of Llandudno with posters. They were impossible to ignore.

My hand stretched into my pocket to grab my dead phone, I wanted to message El and see how her day was going and also apologise for disappearing.

I made the decision of calling into a local music store where a mate of mine worked, hopefully I could charge my phone there whilst listening to some good music.

After a five minute walk I made it to the music store.

"Alright Van?" Chris smiled as I walked in through the door, "what can I do you for today?"

"Was wondering if you could stick my phone on charge mate? Have a few hours to kill so I was just going to listen to some tunes."

"No worries at all mate, pass it over."

I handed over my phone and Chris put it on charge.

"I saw you going past earlier, painting the town in Catfish and the Bottlemen posters are we??" He chuckled.

"Gotta get my name out there in some way." I shrugged.

"Very true lad, well I expected you today so I left a box over there with some quality cd's in there! You should check them out."

I must've checked them cd's out for a good hour until I decided that my phone was charged enough.

"Quite popular aren't we?" Chris chuckled as he handed my phone back to me.

I raised a brow in confusion as I studied the activity on my front screen. I had at least six missed calls from each of the lads and the girls, but none from El.

Shit.

I raced out of the store and called Larry without a second to waste.

"Where the hell have you been?" He answered angrily.

"My phone died whilst I was putting posters up, what's wrong?"