Chapter 10

"Come on Harper, wake up."

"Shut up."

"We are leaving in ten minutes."

"Go ahead."

"There's going to be no food left for you."

"What? Right Jesus, I'm up now."

Harper had turned out to be the worst morning person alive. However at 5:47am, I don't think anyone was a good one.

"Why are we up at this shitty hour?" She huffed, throwing a black beanie over her messy and unbrushed hair.

Ade chuckled, "Bondy got up for McDonalds breakfast, decided to start the day off early."

"Well he sucks for that."

Whilst Harper got ready I double French braided my hair, dabbed some concealer on my face and added a small amount of mascara. I probably looked dead but I was past caring.

Today I had went with one of my old maroon hoodies, black jeans with ripped knees and white converse. The jeans were probably impractical for what we were going to end up doing today but I refused to wear anything else.

Sleepily, I climbed out of the tent and took a seat on the ground around the dying fire.

"Alright love?" Larry smirked as he approached the fire.

"I'm class." I mumbled, yawning into the sleeve of my hoodie.

He chuckled before dropping down beside me. "I drank a bit too much last night and I'm sorry about the dare I gave Van."

"Nah it's sweet, 'sall just a bit of fun."

In all honesty, the entire thing had played on my mind all night. I felt these feelings that were more than what you'd expect from just a friend.

It was eating away at me but what could I possibly do? This was something I needed to keep quiet and forget about. It was a dare and that was that, feelings don't count.

As I drowned in my thoughts, everyone emerged from their tents and dug into the food. I wasn't feeling up to eating this early so I grabbed a bottle of water and listened to the conversations around me.

"What's the plan for today Bondy?" Ade grinned.

I had only noticed that the sky was still dark, the fire illuminated everyone's faces but behind that, there was nothing.

"Exploring, then at night we should play hunt or something fun like that."

Hunt. I remember playing it back in Liverpool. Hopefully my version wasn't much different. In Allerton you got split into teams and one team picked a word, giving each member a letter which meant the other team had to hunt down everyone and get all of the letters to figure out the word.

It used to get pretty violent, especially if you were too stubborn to give your letter up.

"Can't wait." Bob smiled.

He was a pretty quiet guy, Bondy calls him the mysterious one.

After scoffing all of the food Benji made a day plan and began going over it. Basically we were going to go on a walk, take some photos, mess around for a couple of hours and come back to the camp for food. After that it was hunt.