Chapter 16

When Saturday rolled around I still couldn't get what the girls had told me out of my head. Kathleen had been someone that I hadn't really noticed much around school, she just hung out with different people and never found herself in a situation where I was there.

However the more I began to notice her when she walked past, the more I also started to notice how Van reacted.

His eyes would follow her every movement until she disappeared into the crowd of people, then just like that he would return to the real world and act like he never saw her.

Kathleen was consuming my thoughts and I hated it. I had never been the type of person to get annoyed this easily.

"El, I'm sure he still doesn't feel that way anymore." Ade sighed over the phone.

"I don't know." I groaned, "I don't wanna get all up in his business but I can't stop thinking about it."

I was spending my Saturday morning on a three-way call with Ade and Harper whilst we got ready, apparently tonight we were going to chill by the beach for a few hours and take the party back to Ade's as her parents were in London for the weekend.

The lads were joining us.

"I wouldn't bring it up to him El, it's a touchy subject." Ade warned.

Sighing deeply I stared up at my ceiling. This room could really do with another coat of paint.

"Sorry ladies I've got to run off, me mams dragging me clothes shopping for my aunties wedding." Harper huffed although I could sense a bit of excitement in her tone, she loved clothes and buying more wasn't the issue, the effort was.

"Yeah I should probably head on too, tidy this place up for later." Ade added.

"No problem, see you's later." I yawned, stretching out on my bed.

"Later, my lovelies." Harper chirped.

Just like that, my room became blanketed in an unsettling silence. I put my phone back on charge before finally getting off my bed and going over to my CD player. Silently I grabbed the disk Van gave me on Monday and put it on.

The first track played and I easily recognised it from when the lads preformed on Monday. I grabbed the disk cover to check the name.

'Bite Down Salvador' was scribbled down in Vans best efforts of neat handwriting. Although as my eyes scanned the other titles, they landed on one in particular.

'Kathleen'

He wrote a song about her?

-Van

"Mate it's like five degrees, who chose to go to the beach?" Larry huffed as the lads and I piled into the van.

"It's was you and Harper." Bob smirked.

Larry cocked a brow before realisation covered his face, sometimes I worry about the lid.

I slumped down into a beanbag chair and tried to get as comfortable as I possibly could in the back of a van.

"Oi lads, how class was El beating Kathleen at running." Benji grinned.

"Harper was telling me how well she handled things when Kathleen came over to them before the race."