Chapter 9

Friday finally rolled up and at 4pm I was lounging on Harper's sofa whilst she scrambled around trying to find her sweats.

"Come on, I saw them ten minutes ago!" She groaned, checking under the pillow for the eighth time.

"Harper they're in the dryer." Her mum chuckled.

I had practically been packed since we made the camping plan on Wednesday. All of the necessities were in my duffel bag, I'd already checked six times total.

Ade was heading over soon and had sent a message asking what we were wearing. I had went with a simple grey hoodie, black skinny jeans and white converse. Harper had decided on a hoodie with a body warmer, sweatpants matching her grey hoodie and white vans.

"I'm boiling!" Harper huffed as she stepped back into the living room, fully kitted out her camping gear.

"Don't complain about your luxuries Harper!" Her mother scolded, "but also be safe girls. I know your responsible and won't get into trouble but ring if you do."

Ade's mam was outside, waiting for us to jump into her car.

"Yeah yeah. Bye mam, love ya." Harper rolled her eyes as she hugged her.

"Love you too, have a good time girls!"

Harper and myself squished into the back of Ade's car. The entire back seat was covered in bags of food and Ade's stuff but we were in too good of a mood to complain.

Ade's mam made small talk about school and maturity until we reached a car park just before the actual woods.

"Your father and I are going out for dinner with a friend, call your aunt if you need anything." She said to Ade.

I vaguely remembered Ade telling me that her parents had always been pretty MIA around her wellbeing and life outside home. She said they gave her too much freedom which to some may be the dream, but to her it was hell.

"Yeah, bye mam."

Shrugging the awkward atmosphere off, I thanked her mam and got all of my stuff out. I had only really brought a duffel bag with my life in it and a sleeping bag because it was the lads job to provide the camping side of things. We took the easy way out with food and drink.

"Okay Larry messaged me!" Harper announced, "all of the lads apart from Bondy and Bob are already up there and set up. The other two went to buy ciggies."

Nodding, we began our trek uphill. Apparently it was Benji's idea to set up right in the centre which was difficult to find, especially when it was beginning to get dark. Although after many yells and distant sounds of laughter, we found them.

Cheers erupted when we emerged from the bushes that I could've sworn were covered in thorns.

"Alright ladies? Welcome to Camp Lid." Larry bowed. "You lovely lasses have the luxury of a three persons-sized tentprovided by the one and only Johnny Bond.

He sauntered over to what I supposed was our tent and then moved to the next one.

"This is a smaller tent that will accommodate McCann and myself and finally we have this bad boy. Bondy, Bob and Benji's home for the night."

The tent was just slightly bigger than the other two but I wasn't complaining. Three lads in one tent was a recipe for trouble, especially if they had no room to move.

"Alright love?" Van grinned, getting up to hug me before giving side-hugs to Ade and Harper.

"I'm good, and yourself?"