Chapter 15

My eyes flickered open and I immediately jumped out of my bed. The usual tiredness that washed over me at 6:30am was non-existent today, maybe that was because I was in such a class mood.

I contently did my makeup, took my hair out of its messy bun and slipped on my clothes.

"Look who's in a good mood this morning." My mam winked as I strolled into the kitchen.

"Look who's awake at 7:13am." I smirked back.

Chuckling, she returned to whatever task she was doing so I grabbed myself an apple and went back upstairs to my room.

My phone vibrated with a text. Almost instantly, I picked the device up.

From; Van
Morning love, you walking today?xxx

Smiling like an idiot, I replied a quick 'yes' and got up to grab my backpack. By the time I got back Van had replied, saying that he would meet me outside in ten.

Quickly, I brushed out my hair, sprayed deodorant and spritzed perfume on my wrist and neck.

"Eleanor, Van's outside!" My mum's voice yelled.

"Coming!" I matched the level of sound in her voice, grabbing my stuff and sprinting down the stairs.

By the time I reached the the last step, I could hear Van's voice in my living-room. Cocking a brow, I followed the noise to find Van and my mam talking about music gigs.

"Wanna leave now?" I awkwardly smiled, rolling back and forth on my heels.

Van looked up with a smile before nodding lightly, "yeah don't want another run in with Principal Mullen." He chuckled, getting up to his feet.

My mum laughed along before getting up herself and going into the kitchen.

"Have a good day love."

I just hope she said that to me.

Shrugging off the weirdness, we left my house and began walking down the road. Larry was walking with us today so we quickened our pace, wanting to avoid him complaining about making him stand around.

"Yesterday was really nice." I smiled as we neared Larry's meeting point.

A grin formed on Van's face, "what can I say El? Gotta thing for treating the ladies in my life." He winked.

"Ladies?" I chuckled.

"Well yeah. You.. Me mam.."

Simultaneously, we broke out into loud laughter. I had to cover my mouth because it sounded like an idiot but Van's laugh was complete and utter perfection.

It sounds weird, admiring somebody's laugh. However, when I was with Van I couldn't help but notice every little thing about him. My nan used to say I paid no attention to the smaller things in life but here I was, grinning like a mad thing because of a lads laugh.

"Come on lids, you pair walk slower than bloody snails." Larry's voice knocked me right out of my thoughts.

The walk to school was filled with Van annoying Larry, Larry becoming pissed off at Van and then them both seeing something hilarious which resulted in laughter.

"What did you's do yesterday 'en?" Larry yawned as we approached the school gate, on time for once.

A smile crept onto my face and Van mirrored my actions. I wasn't sure if Van wanted me to tell or not so I kept my mouth shut.

"We went out for an Italian dinner mate." Van answered simply.

An ear-splitting gasp fell out of Larry's mouth causing everyone's heads to turn. "You's went on a date and didn't bloody tell me!"