Real

Ian's stilled, staring as his knuckles turned white from gripping onto the sides of the sink.

I am going fucking crazy. This isn't real...

"Ian..." The voice began, laced with worried before pausing. "Six months... You couldn't wait six fucking months before moving onto some bullshit fireman." It finished, the worry gone.

Ian still didn't believe this was happening, that this was real, but he figured as long as he didn't look into the mirror or turn around that he would indulge in this hallucination. "How'd you know that he's a fireman?"

The voice scoffed. "As soon as I got out, I went to your place but it was empty, called Lip and he told me."

This whole thing was beginning to get under Ian's skin. "Why the hell would you care? Could've sworn I seen someone with you out there."

"I wasn't about to sit there crying about it like a little bitch." The voice spat.

God it sounded so much like Mickey, Ian couldn't stand it. "This isn't real." He finally said aloud.

"The fuck it's not."

"You said you had eight years."

"Svetlana had some connections at the prison where Sammie's locked up at, made her change her story, charges were dropped. And I'm here."

It sounded... Real. Too complicated for Ian to just come up with mentally on his own, which made him finally turn around, it was Mickey all right. "Shit... You're real." He said, his voice fading with each word as he took a step closer.

"Don't..."

But Ian only took another step forward.

"Ian..."

Another. He had to touch him, to solidify him in his mind, to get him to stop looking at him like that.

"You come any closer..." Mickey paused, it was clear that there was a threat in his words but he seemed to be having a hard time finishing sentences.

Ian tried to close the gap between them, but before he could, Mickey swung at him.