Ian

Ian

'Caleb... You remember my ex that I told you was in prison? Well funny story...'

No.

'So guess who I ran into the other day...'

Shit, that's no good either.

Ian squinted across the table at Caleb while he ate, trying to piece together what was the best way to bring up the subject to Mickey. If Ian was honest with himself, he had gotten bored of this... Whatever this was. Sure Caleb was nice to look at but there was nothing there. Okay let's be real. He was fucking boring. That awkward silence that happened whenever they were around each other for too long had never happened before with Mickey.

These thoughts were what was bouncing around in Ian's head at four in the morning as Caleb slept next to him. Remembering how it was with Mickey, it made the screaming in Ian's head finally stop, if only for a moment. He needed to stop screwing around and break up with Caleb.

So now, as they ate dinner Ian was getting ready to bite the bullet.

"We need to talk."

Caleb looked up from his plate, probably put off by a brake in the silence.

"Sounds serious." He said wiping his face with a napkin.

"Yeah, well I-" Ian's sentence was cut off by a pounding at the front door.

Caleb eyed Ian uncertainly for a second before getting up to see who it was, when Ian heard the voice at the other side.

"Gallagher, I know you're there!"

Fuck. It was Mickey. He hadn't even been able to tell Caleb that Mickey was back, let alone break up with him. But he knew that that was all his fault, he had waited a whole week after seeing Mickey before deciding to have this conversation. If he were Mickey, he'd be done with waiting too.

Still, he didn't see this meeting going well on either side. So he bolted out of his seat and tried to get to the door before Caleb could, but it was already too late.

The door had opened and Mickey stood there looking stunned.

Caleb squinted at Mickey before uttering a confused, "Can I help you?"