Caleb's Place

They had just walked up the stairs leading up to Caleb's apartment, and Ian paused, leaning his ear against the door, listening to see if anyone was in. He heard nothing.

"Okay", Ian exhaled; slipping a key out of his jacket pocket while Mickey stared. They really had been like some kind of fucking domesticated couple, keys to each other's place. He tried to brush away the uncomfortable feeling that came with seeing the key; his jealousy was irrelevant at this point. Ian had picked him, it didn't matter what he had chosen to do to pass the time while he was away.

But Mickey was pulled out of his negative thoughts when he heard Ian kick the door. "Fuck... he changed the locks."

Damn, that was fast Mickey thought to himself, it had only been a few days, maybe if it wasn't for Mickey beating the shit out of him, he would've left them, hoping for Ian to come back. Who knows.

"What are we supposed to do now?" Ian asked, swinging his leg into the door with each word.

Mickey gently pushed him aside, a smirk playing at the corners of his mouth. He unzipped his oversized coat and pulled from the pocket inside a crowbar, Ian gave him a questioning look, to which Mickey just shrugged, "You never know."

Ian tried to wear a look of disapproval, but couldn't help the smile that broke out on his face after Mickey effortlessly broke open the door, tucking the crowbar back into his jacket.

Ian felt uneasy when they passed into the studio. All of his things were gone, not that he'd been expecting him to keep anything, especially after how they had left things, but still it was a bit jarring to see a place that he had become so comfortable with stripped of all signs of him. Mickey began aimlessly picking up whatever was around that seemed valuable, planning to either pocket it or smash it, but I stern look from Ian made him pause. "What?"

"Mickey..." Ian paused, rubbing at his eyes in exasperation. "We are trying to be low key, in and out. Don't touch anything."

Mickey glanced down at the signed faded white baseball that he still had clutched in his hand, and then back up at Ian. "Ian, c'mon. This thing is a month's rent, minimum. He doesn't need it. Besides, this is the prick who treated you like fucking shit just a couple of days ago, you really care if he's boo hooing over some sentimental crap he probably never even looks at?"

Ian said nothing but left the room, heading into the bedroom to see if he hadn't already thrown out his clothes too. He tore open the double doors to Caleb's closet and saw that the side he used to occupy was bare. Instinctively, his hands went to his hair, grabbing it by the handfuls, as he tried to calm down his breathing. What was he supposed to do? But before Ian had to think of alternatives, he glanced down and saw a pale blue fabric sticking out from under the bed. He crouched down and sure enough it was his, the last thing remaining. Ian didn't want to think too much about whether or not his uniform was left there on purpose, or it fell there and was forgotten after. He was about to call to Mickey to let him know that they could leave, when his words were cut off by the sound of the front door unlocking and sliding open, Caleb's voice loud behind it.