Finally

(Authors Note: So, a little disclaimer, this chapter is a little more... Raunchy and, well its low key smut. Please don't judge it too critically because I don't really write that kind of stuff but I actually think it turned out okay. Let me know what you guys think, if you liked it)

It had been about two weeks since what had happened with Caleb and, Ian had now allowed himself to relax. The night terrors had finally stopped, he was regularly eating again and even though Mickey still kept subtly checking to see if Ian was okay, even he could see the life begin to show in his face again.

They fell into this patten of downing a six pack while watching each other's favorite movies. It was corny and if they had heard anyone else describing their evenings like this it would be sickening but for each other... Being together like that, it was overwhelmingly beautiful.

No more bullshit nights spent wishing for the warmth of each other, or imagining it, it was finally the real thing. Ian had long since gone to the clinic since then and had been given a clean bill of health. But with the stress and trauma of what had been going on they hadn't even been able to... Reacquaint themselves with each other since then, but now they were both done with waiting, as they both lay on the couch, their hands casually sliding down to each other's laps.

Mickey shifted his weight until he was lying on top of Ian, his tongue exploring his mouth slowly, until it felt as though all of his nerve endings were awakened. They tore off each other's clothes, skin burning against skin. And the best part was there was no stopping this time.

Ian ran his teeth along Mickey's jawline, smirking at the gasp he got in response. Finally not wanting to hold himself back, Ian gripped onto Mickey and thew him back so that he was now on top of him, enjoying the sounds that escaped Mickey as Ian slowly pushed himself into him.

They started moving slowly, grinding their hips to together and  once they had established a rhythm Ian's hand found Mickey's and they laced their fingers together. After, Mickey looked at their intertwined fingers and smiled, and Ian's heart broke.

The feeling of being with Mickey like this was one that Ian had tried to replicate with Caleb but never was able to. Because it could only be like this with Mickey... Only ever him. All the time spent miserable, all of the times he thought of visiting Mickey and never did, while he left him there to rot. Ian came to the realization that he was a shit boyfriend to Mickey, he loved him but did he ever voice it? He looked down at him and whispered "I love you." And the way Mickey's face lit up at that... It was like all of that wasted time seemed to melt away.

***

They had fallen asleep curled around each other, and woke up to the sound of a banging on the front door. Ian got up out of bed, but Mickey just threw a pillow over his face to drown out the sound.

Ian went downstairs and was panicked to see a cop.

"Are you Ian Gallagher?"

He hesitated before answering but finally ended up nodding, not sure what else to do.

"I have statements here that say you are the boyfriend of a man named Caleb."

"Um" what was he supposed to say? "Ex boyfriend actually."

"Well are you aware Mr. Gallagher that Caleb has been reported missing?"