Idea

(Authors Note: I am so sorry this is later than usual. I've been moving and honestly I had a little writers block momentarily in terms of new ideas but it's all good now, I got stuff mapped out for the next few months and should be more consistent time wise)

When Ian woke the next day, he was confused when he found that Mickey wasn't there. Ian was usually always the first one awake. He clicked his phone and saw that it was past noon, Mickey must have let him sleep in. He headed downstairs in the kitchen and needed a moment to take in the scene before him. Mickey was seated at the table with Franny balanced on his lap, spoon feeding her baby food. Ian was surprised but more than that the image of Mickey trying to maintain his patience as the baby kept spitting out her food brought out a smile that Ian couldn't contain. "Morning."

Mickey looked embarrassed at the amusement on Ian's face but it quickly passed. "Morning sleeping beauty."

"Where's Debbie?"

"She's upstairs showering, she wanted to know if I could watch the kid until she's done."

"You want me to take over?"

Mickey's arm encircled the baby almost protectively, and Ian felt a pang of sadness. Mickey had recently gone to Svetlana's to see Yevgeny and was told the truth. That Yevgeny was never really Mickey's son, it was all something she'd made up to use Mickey and have him provide for her and the baby. Mickey was pissed but still asked to see the baby, Svetlana denied him though saying he now had three parents and that Mickey wasn't needed anymore.

Ian was so frustrated seeing how shut down that made Mick and that there was nothing he could do to make that better, but seeing him here now gently and attentively cleaning off the spilt food off of Franny's face, and how the corner of his mouth kept edging up into a smile, it made Ian's heart ache.

____

Ian had to get to work so his morning with Mickey was short lived, but before he left he heard Debbie say that since she thought Mickey did such a good job of taking care of Fran before, would he be willing to watch her while Debbie worked? To which Mickey shockingly agreed.

***

Ian sat at a deli near where he worked, unwrapping his lunch when his phone started ringing, he checked the caller id and didn't recognize the number, but answered it anyway.

"...Hey Ian." A female voice gently choked out.

Ian found himself smiling. "Mandy."

"How've you been?"

"Things have been..." Ian paused a flash of Caleb's blood soaked face entered his thoughts. "Good."

Mandy seemed distracted and didn't notice his tone. "Uh-hu and... How's my brother been?"

Ian could tell from the way she said it that that was the real reason behind her call. "Mickey? Haven't you talked to him since he got out?"

"Yeah. But you know how he is, he just tells me he's fine and if I push he gets mad. But I do know that you two are back together now so I figured you might actually tell me more. Is he happy?"

Ian hesitated, things had been stressful when it came to everything that happened with Caleb and most recently with Mickey not being able to see Yevgeny anymore. But at the same time Ian's thoughts went to this morning, to him holding Franny; to the way Mickey smiled at him when they woke up next to each other.

"Shits never easy, but yeah I think he is happy."

He heard her exhale in relief. "Really? Ian, you know I love you but do not hurt him," her tone grew sharp. "He's been through a lot and he deserves someone who's not gonna leave him. I need to know that you're gonna treat him right."

"I will." Ian said without hesitation. He understood where Mandy was coming from though, he wasn't always the best boyfriend. The more he thought about it the more he wanted to do something for Mickey, and then it came to him.
"In fact, me and Mickey are going on our first date, tonight."