Epic Fail

Ian needed some convincing at first but it didn't take long for Mickey to make him see that this was the best way. That sure, Frank was his father, and it might seem wrong at first. But it's not like they were killing him, they were just putting him somewhere where he wouldn't be able to fuck up they're lives anymore. And who knows, maybe if the police didn't suspect Ian, it wouldn't matter either way and Frank would remain a free man.

The thing was, Mickey didn't actually have a solid plan formed yet. I mean sure 'Frame Frank' was the broad stroked idea but how? He was ranting to Ian about how he was completely stumped, when he noticed Ian guiltily looking down at the ground.

"What?"

"Well, I might know of something that would hugely help us..."

"That being?"

Ian hesitated before continuing further. "Listen, don't freak out but when everything went down at our- Caleb's place I panicked and ended up stuffing the knife into my pocket."

"You kept it?!" Mickey's brow furrowed but he didn't scold Ian further even if he couldn't imagine why Ian would keep that thing, especially considering how shook up he got over it. He decided it'd be best just to move on. "Let me see it."

Ian bit his lip before walking over to his dresser, opening the top drawer and handing over the knife. Mickey suppressed the memories that looking at it brought, and switched the blade open. Ian had cleaned it but not very thoroughly. There were still small patches of dried blood encrusted on it near the tip.

It was exactly what they needed and for making it so easy for them, Mickey couldn't stay mad at Ian.

"Alright here's what we're gonna do."

***

The plan was sorted, so that the next time that Frank stumbled into the Gallagher house and passed out on the couch Mickey and Ian crept downstairs.

Mickey was the one in charge of slipping the knife into Frank's hand, he had volunteered. They of course made sure the they cleared their own fingerprints off of the handle before doing this and Frank didn't even stir as Mickey's gloved hand tightened Frank's grip on the handle, making sure there would be clear easy to read prints of Frank's.

After that they had decided to hide it in the tent under the stairs, where Frank sometimes slept. And they waited.

Two days later the cops came to the house with a warrant to search all of the rooms, looks like Ian was their prime suspect after all. After about twenty minutes of looking they found the knife and placed it in a plastic evidence bag for testing. But after, instead of leaving, one of the officers came up behind Ian and cuffed his hands behind his back.

Mickey immediately stepped in between them in front of Ian. "What the hell?!"

The officer just looked over to his partner that was quick to step in, guiding Ian forward. "Ian Gallagher, you're under arrest for suspicion of murder."

Ian hissed under his breath, he should've anticipated this. He turned around to face Mickey before Mickey ended up doing something stupid like attack a cop. "Mick, it's okay." His eyes met Mickey's dead on and he made sure that Mickey saw how calm he was, hoping he'd understand that they should've realized that this might happen. And that if everything still went like they'd like planned, Ian would be back in a day or two.

Mickey still didn't like what was happening, but nodded and let Ian be taken away.