Lip

Ian's hands fidgeted as he walked down the dorm room hallway, found the right room number, and knocked. It took a few minutes before the door finally opened, and when it did, a skinny blonde girl came stumbling out, makeup smeared on her face and her shoes in hand. After she awkwardly arched past Ian, leaving the door open behind her, he finally seen Lip sprawled out on his bed smoking.

"Friend of yours?" He asked jokingly gesturing to where the girl just left.

Lip just shrugged as though you couldn't pay him to remember that girls name at the moment as he passed his cigarette to Ian's outstretched hand.

Ian couldn't find an easy way to ease into what he wanted to say so he just jumped straight to the point. "Mickeys back."

Lips eyebrows shot up, he didn't think Ian would've found out this early.

"I talked to him last night."

"And did anything..." Lip gestured with his hand, "happen?" He finished for lack of a better word.

"It might've... But he knew about Caleb." Ian finished staring pointedly at his brother.

Lip immediately held up his hands in surrender. "Look, he called looking for you a few days ago, I told him you were out and it just kind of slipped. I figured he already knew until I could hear how pissed he got."

"Yeah well, I ran into him when me and Caleb were out last night. It didn't go well."

Lip grinned and gestured to Ian's busted lip and black eye. "I can tell. He beat the shit out of Caleb?"

"Caleb doesn't know."

"Ah." Lip nodded as he realized Ian probably didn't intend on telling him at all. "What's the big deal though? I thought you were done with Mickey."

Ian paused for a minute as he though back to last night. To that kiss, and hell, even that fight. Ian knew on some level that he'd never be done with Mickey. "It's... Complicated."

"The way I see it, it's not. You wanna be with him, you gotta end shit with Caleb. You can't be having it both ways."

Ian didn't saying else as he finished off the last of the cigarette. He knew Lip was right. He had to end things with Caleb, tonight.