The Plan

"Okay, relax. We don't know if they know anything. They might not even suspect you." Mickey worked to keep his voice light and free of worry.

Ian on the other hand, pacing the length of his room back and forth wasn't fazed by Mickey's casual demeanor. "This is bad Mick, of course they're gonna suspect the ex boyfriend! This is- was a popular guy were talking about here. He was a firefighter, he had lots of friends... Oh man, friends that he probably said a lot of shit to. He probably told them about me and you, about you getting out of jail and what happened at his apartment the day we broke up... Wait, what did you do with the body?"

"Don't you think it's best if you-"

"Mickey. What'd you do with the body?"

"I... had it burned." Mickey said with a dismissive wave of his hand.

"What? You- how?"

"I know a guy."

Ian rolled his eyes. Well, at least the body randomly turning up wasn't going to be a problem. But there was still something he felt like he was forgetting, something important.

"How'd you react when they told you he was gone?"

"Y'know, I acted distressed. Like I couldn't believe it, like 'oh no'. I don't think I came off guilty."

Mickey eyed him skeptically.

"Well I might not be getting an Oscar for my acting but it was convincing." Ian insisted defensively.

They were prepared to spend all day working on a plan, what to say if the police came back, how to handle it if they suspected Ian. But a loud crash from downstairs interrupted them.

And he went down to find Frank, sprawled out on the kitchen floor, shitfaced drunk already at two in the afternoon. He was so out of it that when he seen Ian coming down the stairs he started mumbling angrily, calling him Monica. It made Ian pause in his steps, his hesitation turning into flat out anger when he took in the room and saw that scattered across the counter and floor, was Ian's medication. Some had Frank's vomit on them, some were poured down the sink, others were crushed underneath his body, stuck in his boots. Almost all of them were ruined.

"What the fuck Frank?!" Ian yelled as he started gathering whatever pills remained, Mickey came down when he heard Ian's yells and took in the scene, bending down to help Ian pick up whatever pills that could still be salvaged, feeling once again disgusted with the waste of space that was Frank.

***
Once they were done, Ian went upstairs without a word, not even bothering to kick Frank out after. And that was when an idea came to Mickey. He hadn't wanted to freak Ian out but he was right earlier, he probably was the police's main suspect. But there was an easy fix to all of their problems, that he ran upstairs to tell Ian.

"What if we could get the cops off your back?"

Ian, who was laying down on the bed with his hands propped up behind his head squinted up at him. "How?"

"We pin the blame on someone else."

Ian, still oblivious to the plan working in Mickey's head shrugged. "Who?"

Mickey couldn't help the smirk that crept on his face as he answered. "Frank."