Remorse

Caleb's blood spilled out from the gash in his throat and onto Ian's fingers. Mickey rolled out of the way from under them to avoid any of the blood landing on him. As grotesque noises escaped Caleb, Mickey looked around for the older man who was with him. He was gone, the door closed behind him. Now that Mickey thought about it, he remembered him running out as soon as things got hostile. And judging from the wedding ring he saw on his finger earlier, he wasn't going to call the cops even if he thought Caleb was in danger, not if it meant outing himself.

But Mickey's attention was quickly brought back to Ian when he heard shaky, sobbing breaths leaving him as he pushed his palms against the wound on his throat, trying to stop the bleeding. Ian's lips slightly moved as he rapidly whispered to himself, Mickey couldn't make out most of it, but in between the murmurs he heard the words "my fault" "he's dying" "why, why, why?"

Mickey realized how surreal this must have felt to Ian and he sunk to the floor and grabbed his blood stained hands in his own. "Ian look at me... Look at me."

Ian's head snapped up, "I have to go to the police... I have to tell them what happened."

"No..."

"I just killed him!"

Mickey's hands moved up to Ian's shoulders and he gripped onto them as he tried to get Ian to focus on him. "You had no choice... He hurt you... He was going to kill me. You had no choice."

Ian slowly nodded as Mickey's words sank in, but the uncertainty returned when he looked back down at Caleb, who wasn't struggling anymore, his body slack, his eyes blankly facing he ceiling. Mickey brought Ian close to where his head was resting on his chest, and quickly sent off a few texts, not moving from that position until he got a reply.

"Look Ian" Mickey began, his voice incredibly gentle "here's what's gonna happen. I'm going to clean up... This. I talked to Lip just now and he's coming to pick you up, you don't need to see this right now. Talk to him, get some rest, but do not fucking talk to the cops. Okay?"

Ian slowly nodded, not knowing what else he could do.

Mickey helped Ian off of the floor and gave him a swift kiss on the forehead and he steered him toward the door. "I'll take care of this... I'll fix this."