Wasn't planning on it

Caleb fell to the floor, he was pretty well built so if he'd been more prepared he might've been able to take Mickey, but Mickey was fueled by rage now and was straddling Caleb as swing after swing his fist connected with his face. Ian could hear bones cracking as Mickeys knuckles split open.

Ian couldn't help the smirk that came to his face as a sense of deja vu washed over him. But as he kept staring he saw Caleb's face become more blood than skin and he knew that even though he didn't want to, he needed to pull Mickey off of him.

It surprisingly didn't take much, he just gently squeezed Mickeys shoulder and he finally snapped out of it, nodding before slowly climbing to his feet.

"Let's go." Ian said, his eyes flicking back to Caleb who was still sprawled out on the floor.

As they were leaving, Caleb's strained voice called out, "Don't come back."

Ian almost wanted to laugh, "I wasn't planning on it." He yelled back.

***

Mickey

They went back to Mickeys house, straight to his room. Fevered hands ripping through layers of clothes as Mickey led them closer and closer to his bed. But then Ian stopped.

"What?" Mickey asked trying to keep the hint of panic out of his voice, not wanting him to pull away after just getting him back.

Ian looked down, he didn't know why it mattered but it did, nagging at the back of his mind, keeping him from giving his full focus to Mickey... Mickey would freak out when he told him, he knew he would, but it wasn't a big deal.

"There's something I should probably tell you..." Ian began, adding more casualness to his voice than normal.

Mickey didn't answer, he just waited for Ian to spit it out, whatever it was.

"Caleb's HIV positive."

It was Mickeys turn to pull away now. "What the fuck Ian? He's got AIDS?" Mickey screeched, his voice getting louder with each word.

Ian held up his hands defensively, stepping closer to Mickey carefully, like he was walking up to a scared animal. "Mickey, calm down. He does not have AIDS, it's just HIV. I just haven't been tested for a couple of months since me and him were together."

Mickey squinted at Ian trying to understand how he could be so calm. "Why are you acting like this is nothing, this is a big fucking deal. You told me this for a reason. You think he gave it to you? Tell me you were at least wore a condom whenever you..." He gestured not really wanting to finish that thought.

"Yeah don't worry, even before he told me, we always used condoms."

"Hold up a second, he didn't tell you before you guys fucked?"

Ian looked away, all of this seemed so irrelevant to him before, but seeing Mickeys reaction to it made him feel wrong.

"No... Not at first, he didn't."

"So, you like, think you might have it now?" Mickey asked, his voice cracking with stress.

"I don't know... Probably not" he knew Mickey wouldn't stop freaking out until he knew for sure "I'll get tested tomorrow."

Mickey nodded as Ian closed the space between them and wrapped his arms around Mickey, he was wrong, when he had described their relationship to Caleb he always made it seem as if Mickey was the villain of the story, like he never really cared about Ian. That was all a load of shit though, if tonight proved anything it was that Mickey cared, that he always did, it was Ian who needed to treat him better.