It's Over

It was late at night when Mickey heard the shouting. By the time he sat up and was able to focus on what was going on around him he noticed that the cops were dragging Frank's body across the living room floor, he sat upright and heard Frank yelling at them to put him down.

"Knock it off Gallagher", one of the cops shouted at him as he tried to pull him to his feet. Frank being Frank of course resisted anyways demanding that he be told what he was being charged with, the other officer just rolled his eyes and said

"Frank, we all know you're piece of shit but we never took you for a murderer."

Frank's eyes widened a bit at that word and he realized the severity of what was happening he tried pulling away now and instead of merely letting his body being dragged he grabbed a hold of the wrist of one of the officers and tried to push them down, but he was weak and frail in comparison and it really wasn't much of a fight.

Mickey was on his feet now and he realized that during the commotion, the officers stopped to stare at him waiting for a reaction. He paused for a moment but quickly regained his composure and proceeded to ask what they were doing there and why they were taking Frank away, to which they explained that he was being arrested with the charge of first degree murder. Mickey did his best to appear shocked but feared that it might not be convincing enough. Until he came to a really simple conclusion that helped him. Acting was just lying.

"Cmon, Frank a killer? Look at him, the guy can barely stand."

The officer only shrugged. "That's what we said but evidence doesn't lie."

Mickey made eye contact with Frank, saw the panic that filled his eyes, and felt a trace of guilt graze him. But he was quick to shake it off, this was for Ian and if it came down to him or Frank, Mick knew who's ass he was saving.

"This is an injustice! All of you corporate zombies thinking you can exercise your power on us little people, we'll let me tell you this won't stick. Truth will prevail and I will be back!" Frank's voice faded as he was escorted out of the Gallagher house and into a nearby squad car.

***
A few hours after Frank was taken, Ian came home. All of the house lights were off and he crept through the silent house, the steps creaking as he climbed up the stairs. He opened his bedroom door to find Mickey lying on his bed curled up around Ian's blanket, sleeping.

Ian tried to ease gently and quietly onto the bed as to not wake Mickey, but before he could even lie down Mickey bolted upright, a startled gasp of breath escaping him as he woke.

"Ian." His voice was gentle, still thick from sleep.

Ian sat down next to him, he didn't realize how much he needed to be home until he seen how much Mickey's face lit up just from looking at him.

Ian prepared himself to say something, explain what gaps Mickey was missing from the story since he'd been taken, ask about Frank, something. But before he could get a word out Mickey grabbed his face with both hands and seized Ian's mouth with his own. He deepened the kiss by pushing him back onto the bed, straddling him on either side. He just needed a few hours to memorize the feeling of Ian's body in his arms, and try to be comforted with the knowledge that he wouldn't let anything ever take Ian from him again.