chapter 3

Vilu's pov

*I arrived at Francesca's house and knocked on the door. After a while she opened, looking at me with a sleepy face and messy hair.*

F: Why are you here so early?

V: You said that the registration ends today, I want to be the first person there.

F: You're joining?

V: Yeah...

*Her once sleepy tired face turned into the most joyful she could make. Suddenly she hugged me tight from excitement and ran upstairs, leaving me at the door. In the speed of light, before I could process what happeneed, she was standing in front of me fully dressed up, with her registration paper. We went to the square and saw a long line of girls prettily dressed up and ready to become a potentional contestant. Me and Francesca stood in the line too, checking out the girls in front of us for a while.*

F: So... what made you change your mind?

V: I realized that my parents need help. Especially my mum. Something snapped in me yesterday and I realized that this is the best way to take care of them for now.

F: How is your mum?

V: It's not good... but if I get in the elite eight, she will get enough money for treatment, right?

*We kept talking, enjoying the morning fresh air, until it was Francesca's turn.*

F: Wish me luck!

V: Good luck, you will be awesome

*She disappeared in the casting room and I stood there alone... all of the girls were looking at me weirdly. Could it be because I am the only one wearing trousers here? Or because my hair isn't appropriately tied up in those fancy buns they have? After what seemed like an eternity of stares and complete silence, Fran came out with a smile drawn on her lips*

F: Good luck girl, it's okay.

*She pushed me in the room and I appeared in front of a man and a woman. I gave them the paper with hesitance, they didn't seem very friendly. They looked at me just like all the girls outside. I should have expected that from posh fancy higher ups. The woman commanded me to sit on the chair in front of the camera. I did as she said, uncomfortable in the light that shone on me.*

Woman: We will take a photo of you now, smile and look in this camera, okay?

*I nodded and made the fakest smile ever. Do I look like a complete fool? I never trained my smile in front of a mirror so... I don't know how I look like.*

Man: Great. You can go now. The results will be in the TV today. Bye!

V: Bye

*I walked out and Francesca attacked me with a hug as soon as she set her eyes on me.*

F: So?

V: They took a photo of me.

F: Yeah! That's cool, right? Now let's go home and wait for the announcement!

*I accompanied Fran to her house and then headed to my own. As soon as I entered the kitchen, I faced my angry dad. I am not in the mood to fight now...*

Vd: Where have you been? You left so early that I didn't notice

V: I went to sign up for My Choice.

*He gasped in shock, taking a seat instead of saying anything. After a while of staring at the cracks on the table in front of him, he spoke up.*

Vd: Really? Are you serious?

V: Yes, it's the right decision for now. The results will be out tonight.