chapter 67

Vilu's pov

*He's with her again! I'm not jealous, I just think that he sohuldn't spend so much time with the tarantula... screw it. Maybe I am a tiny bit jealous but that's not important. With these thoughts, I was sitting in the salon, looking out of the window at the garden, at the fountain... the place where he taught me how to dance and where we...*

La: What are you thinking of?

V: Nothing... just about the life outside of this palace

La: I've never been out there. I came here from my palace and didn't have an opportunity to explore

V: Good for you.

La: Huh?

V: No... eh...

*I looked around to see if Gery or Ludmila were here and possibly able to hear what I was about to say. No. The air is clean.*

La: I am not your enemy. You can tell me everything.

V: The life outside is terrible. People in debt, hunger, children have to work because men are leaving.

La: Leaving? Because of the war, right?

V: Yeah...

La: I am here to stop it. If I win, soldiers from my country will come and help this kingdom so ordinary people will be safe.

V: I didn't know that there was such a big goal on your side. I want you to win

La: Thank you, I think me and the prince have a nice relationship

V: Aha...

*That hurts. I don't want to be his wife but hearing other girls talking about him is uncomfortable... what is going on with me?*

La: Violetta, this might be personal but... have you... had anything more intimate with the prince? Like a kiss or anything other than usual kind gestures

*This question left an echo in my ears and made me numb for a while*

La: Have you?

V: No, no. Nothing like that

La: Me neither

*A bit of relief left my body as I turned away from Lara and stared out of the window again. Am I the only one he kissed?*