chapter 73

Vilu's pov

*When Lara, the king and the queen left after breakfast, León sat closer to me while I tried to ignore him, finishing my plate with fruit*

V: Stop looking at me, it's making me nervous

L: Good luck this evening. I'm sure you'll be the best

*He kissed my cheek, stole a piece of my apple and ran away. This can't be better. I am genuinely happy after a long time. I went to the salon and continued in the project. It has to be at least decent.*

...

*I passed all the cameramen and maids and sat in my place with the project in my hand. Do I look good? Probably yes. Do I feel good? Not at all. My hands started sweating when Lara came. I'm sure she has a brilliant idea. And her speech will be excellent, sophisticated and classy because obviously, she is a princess. She sat next to me smiling*

La: Nervous?

V: You can't imagine how nervous I am.

A: Girls, stand up, the news will start in fifteen seconds!

*We did as she said and the cameras started recording. We heard our anthem and the royal family entered slowly, having all cameras on them. I noticed how León tried to hide his nervousness. When the anthem ended, the king and queen sat down while León kept standing next to them. Broadway came in and greeted all the viewers sitting in front of TVs in the whole kingdom.*

Br: Good evening! I'm happy to be in the palace again and I have brilliant news for you! We have only two ladies left in My Choice! They had to come up with something what would change our kingdom to an even better place. Through this activity, you will be able to see the motives your future queen has. Let's start with miss Lara!

*Lara stood in front of the camera, showed her project and started talking. She talked about schools. That every child should be able to go to school, not depending on money. She said that every child has the right to get education. She would fund families in need or even change the whole education system to avoid monetary expenses of the people. Her speech was fluent, she didn't stop or stutter. She was able to get everyone's attention. I would listen to her even if she'd talk about her breakfast. That's what I call a talent. When she was done, all of us clapped hands. Even the king was impressed.*

Br: What an incredible idea! That would surely lead our kingdom to prosperity and overfill it with happiness. Let's not keep you waiting because now it's time for miss Violetta Castillo!

*I stood up and walked to the camera with shaky hands. I took a deep breath and glanced at León who gave me a smile. I have to survive this evening.*

V: Good evening... uh... I...

*Great. I am speechless and I didn't even started yet.*

V: I think we should stop sending undertrained men in the war.

*I heard some gasps and shocked faces. I knew this would happen. But I have to finish this.*

Br: Why do you think so?

V: If all men leave to get a short military training and the get sent off to a battlefield, how do you think that ends? They are just ordinary men with nearly no proper training. What will their wives do? And their children?

*The king had clenched fists and the queen was looking around confused. I looked at León to seek some comfort but what I saw wasn't very satisfying. He was disappointed. I could see that in his eyes.*