chapter 68

León's pov

*I'm sitting with Ludmila on the sofa in the hallway, getting to know her a bit more. We did talk about it before but I want to get to know her even more.*

L: And your parents?

Lu: My parents used to have connections with the king from the other kingdom. The one you're fighting with now.

L: Why didn't they stay there? Isn't it dangerous for you to be here?

Lu: They left the kingdom because the king wanted to blame them for some... sketchy business. Did you know that the royal family there has a male descendant too? He is the same age as you. And he will try to fix everything

L: How do you know all this?

Lu: Well... my parents are powerful people. We still have our sources.

*She was surprisingly honest... she is generally nice and kind. I haven't even heard Violetta complaining since the incident with Gery*

...

*I entered my father's office and walked to the table full of maps and scribbles my father made in a rush*

King: Will you come in time someday?

L: I was with one of the girls

King: Uhm.

L: So... how is your plan going?

King: We need more soldiers

L: I have some news.

King: What?

L: The enemy has a son, I don't know why they don't talk about him, probably because of safety, but he will take over the throne one day. And he agrees with me. He wants to stop the war.

King: How did you get the information?

L: I have my sources. Godness, let me do this! I want to stop everything.

King: I am the ruler of the country!

L: But I will be the king soon. Please!

King: Don't piss me off, León. You are a nuisance as it is, and now you come to play a hero? I know better, don't you think?

L: You have gone insane. I can't stand you

King: That's enough. I suppose that pain is the only thing keeping you in line.

*He took a wooden stick from under the table and hit my hands. The stinging feeling in my hands turned them red immediately. He's right. He is the most powerful person here...  and it's not the first time he hit me anyway.*

Vilu's pov

*After breakfast, I walked to the salon with Lara, having an interesting conversation about the animals they have in her kingdom when suddenly Gery and Ludmila rushed in, Ludmila with a smirk and Gery with an angry face*

G: YOU! You have done it! You whitened my hair!!

*Lara and I stood there confused, not knowing what is going on*

Lu: And what are you gonna do with it?

*Before we could react, Gery slapped Ludmila. Before anyone could react, Gery pushed Ludmila who lost balance and fell over, breaking the coffee table. Oh no, no no. She could hit her head! Me, Lara and some maids ran to her immediately while Gery stood in her place with eyes wide open.*

La: Ludmila!

Maid: She fainted! She's unconscious!!