chapter 78

Vilu's pov

*Since yesterday, I didn't smile. Not even once. I spent the whole day and night trying figure this all out. Why am I feeling so gloomy? I came here for the money. I made it all the way here. My parents surely do have money now. Now I can go and live my life again, right? This whole... lovey dovey issue... it will all pass anyway. I will forget about León and... get back to what I have always been doing. Right? Lucy and Anne already packed my things and prepared the dress for me. White dress. When I was done, I walked to the salon where Lara and Angie were waiting. Lara was also in white.*

La: You look beautiful

V: You look amazing. I am sure you will look amazing next to the prince.

La: Don't say that! We don't know who wins yet

*She is oblivious to everything that happened. Of course. Lara didn't see the real life in this kingdom. She has not seen what happened to Cami. She has no idea what the king is doing. That's why she was able to be so happy.*

A: Girls, it's time.

*She led us to the door where León was standing. Lara stood on his right, me on the left. We wrapped our arms around his and Angie opened*

A: Good luck

*We started walking downstairs, hundreds of people were looking at us. There were cameras watching us and I could also see the opponent king looking at us. We stood on our places and the king started his speech. I didn't listen to him. All I could think about was that I will be back home with my family.*

K: It's time for my son, León Vargas the first, to make his decision.

*The room fell in silence, waiting for León to talk*

L: As the descendant of the royal family, it is my duty to choose a wife worthy of being the queen of this kingdom. She shall understand the subjects' concerns and needs, and be my suppporter in ruling the kingdom. I want to thank all the contestants for being strong, courageous and patient with me. The day has come, therefore I choose-

*The rest of his sentence was interrupted by a loud scream and a shot. It was the queen who shouted. She was laying on the ground, bleeding. Everyone in the room started running around and panicking, trying to find an exit. The owner of the gun was... a guard from the other kingdom. Dozens of guards rushed in and started fighting with the guards from the other kingdom. They misused the invitation to attack us. I was standing like a statue, not knowing what to do.*

L: You have to get out!

V: Save Lara first!

L: She is already safe, now it's your turn!

V: I-

*Suddenly, I heard a shot very close. León groaned and fell on the ground. I quickly pushed down the nearest chair to cover him and kneeled down*

V: They shot you??

L: Save yourself

*I ignored what he said and looked for the place where he was shot. A bloody spot was identified behind my blurry vision because of tears. Two guards ran to us and kneeled down*

L: Get her out!

??: Will do your majesty!

V: What about him?

??: We'll get people to get him to a safe place too

*I cupped his face in my hands and looked in his half closed eyes*

V: I love you. I always have.

L: I love you too Vilu

*He said, heavily breathing. I couldn't help myself and kissed him, taking it as a promise that he would be safe. The guards took me away, leaving León alone.*