chapter 57

Vilu's pov

*Me and León are talking with some people. León convinced me to talk a bit. My voice still cracks from the nerves everytime I talk but it's getting better. Suddenly, a flashlight shined on my face as the people we were talking with disappeared.*

B: And, here we have the prince with miss Castillo!

*Right. They don't pay attention to me and when I'm with León, they come. To show that I really want him for myself. Luckily, they didn't ask anything and left quickly*

V: This is why people don't like me. The cameras show what people want to see, not the truth

L: Don't get angry, the ball will be over in an hour

V: Can't I leave earlier? 

L: No

V: Geez... I'm so happy that I won't have to do this my whole lifetime. 

L: What?

V: I won't become the queen so I won't have to join these things

L: Who said that you won't become the queen?

*He looked at me with all his innocence. The heck does he mean? When I was about to answer, Gery and her parents came*

Gd: Good evening your highness. Miss...

V: Castillo

Gd: ... Castillo. 

L: Good evening sir. Are you enjoying the ball?

Gd: Yes, It's glorious

*I think I am useless here. Getting away slowly, I walked to Luca who was nearby*

Luca: Why aren't you with him?

*He asked, pointing at León*

V: I have nothing to do there.. how is it going at home?

Luca: Honestly, it's bad. All the boys are leaving and I will go too

V: Go where?

Luca: Military camp. We will be there for two weeks, then on the battlefield.

V: And... who has already left?

Luca: All the boys between sixteen and thirty. Including Marco. You remember him? The guy from the bakery. We'll see each other soon in the military camp though. Can't wait.

*He wanted to joke but I could sense the desparation.*

V: This day is worse than I thought it would be...