chapter 75

León's pov

*I was sitting at my desk, trying to sort out my thoughts when my father came. He shut the door and walked to me angrily*

K: Send Violetta home!

L: It's late, don't yell

K: And you don't tell me what to do! I am your father!

L: I don't want to send her home. She is right anyway. The best would be if we stop the war!

K: So she is the reason why. She is the reason why you're acting like this?!

L: No, I-

K: I don't care if you had anything with her. Even if she got in your bed, you shouldn't be brainwashed by what she says.

*He was furious. I haven't seen him acting like this in a long time*

L: Father, you need to get some rest.

K: Send her home or else-

*He looked around, itching to grab something. When he found what he wanted, I felt my hands and back burning from how he hit me. I had to close my eyes and swallow everything I had on my mind. I can't show him even a hint of weakness. This is how I've lived until now. The king's anger issues require a sacrifice, me.*

...

*I headed to the dining room when I bumped in Violetta*

V: Be careful!

L: Good morning to you too

V: Go to Lara

L: What?

V: No. Nothing.

*She was about to leave when I grabbed her by her wrist and pulled her back to me*

L: You are acting strange again. Because of yesterday?

V: Why didn't you protect me?!

*She almost shouted*

L: I protected you.

*I looked into her eyes, seeing them on verge of tears.*

V: You're a liar. You were too busy talking to Lara.

L: Don't believe me, huh? Then look at this.

*I showed her my bruised hands from yesterday. Violetta silenced, observing my hands with eyes wide open. She carefully traced her fingers over my bruises.*

V: What... what is that-

L: He punished me for standing up to you

*She kept her eyes and fingers on my hands, examining the damaged skin. But what she said wasn't what I expected.*

V: Why don't you face your father? You're old enough. You'll never be a good king if you keep on being like this and letting him manipulate you.

L: You blame me? I won't be a good king? What you've done in front of camera was crazy! Did you even take a while to think through it before showing the whole kingdom? Do you have any idea how reckless that was?

V: So you mean to say that I am stupid for doing that?

L: No, wait, I just-

V: I get it, okay. I have nothing to say.

*She walked away angrily and left me alone. What is happening with her? Can't she hear me out?*