Chapter 11 Bad News

Flame Prince's P.O.V.

"Yeah that's right. That boy named Marshall out there. He's my new interest. I'm done with you. I was done with you when I broke up with you." I was outraged. But then I remembered what Mrs. Abadeer had told me before I went to my room.

~~~~Flashyback~~~~

I was in the conference room because I had been walking around the castle and I had gotten bored. Then she randomly popped up.

"Flame Prince!!" She yelled. I turned around

"Mrs. Abadeer." I said in shock. "What a surprise."

"Yeah yeah whatever. Listen. My son and two girls. Fionna and Ashley. Don't you dare hurt any of them or I will kill you. Don't touch them. You got that mister?"

"Y-yes Mrs. Abadeer." I said nodding. I was very afraid of her.

"Good. I'll be watching." She then left.

"Gees. OK. I think I'm just gonna go to my room."

~~~~End Flashyback~~~~

That reminded me. I turned my head to look at the dark corner to my right. What I saw made my anger turn into fear and made me back away from Fi. I saw red glowing eyes. Big. I knew it was Mrs. Abadeer.

"Um Flame. It's not like you to back away. Flame what could possibly scare you? I know you where kinda a jerk but I still care." Fionna sounded worried, but I couldn't tell her yet. She turned to look where I was looking but the eyes disappeared before she could look. I turned back to look at her. I still had a scarred look on my face.

"Flame? Are you OK?" She started to walk to me but I backed away. She didn't have a shield. I would hurt her.

"Fionna. You don't have a sh-shield. Don't."

"I have forever flame shield it's fine." She came over and hugged me.

"But I thought you had a new interest." I hugged her back.

"Flame that doesn't mean we can't be friends."

"OK. Friends." I pulled away and held out my hand for her to shake it.

"Friends." She shook my hand. "Oh and can you explain Cake being ingulfed in flames?"

"OH. Yeah I didn't want you to take her when I was mad and so noboy can touch and noboy can stop the flames. It's like a coma. She doesn't get hurt and she's not dead. It's also a shield. Nothing can hurt her.... Sorry."

She started to cry. "How long till it wears off????"

"A year." I whispered.

She started to cry harder.

Fionna's P.O.V.

"A year." He whispered.

I couldn't help but to brake down crying. That's when Marshall busted in. I knew he had been listening, but I didn't care.

"FLAME PRINCE!!!"

"No Marshall. Leave him alone." I whispered. Marshall thenstarted walking towards me. I heard Ashley enter the room. Marshall turned me around and hugged me. I may be 17 but this was still awful.  I cried into his shirt as he said to Flame, "What is wrong with you?"

"Marshall drop it, We're friends now. Don't hurt him." I couldn't talk so I whispered.

"Ho-" I cut him off. "Marshall don't." My voice was low enough that only Marshall could hear. "Just have him bring Cake to my house."

"OK. Flame bring cake to her treehouse. I don't care how just do it now."

"OK." He picked up Cake and I lifted my head so I could see him. He was walking out with her in his hands.

"Marshall." I whispered.

"Yeah Fi?"

"Take me home." He picked me up bridal style and lifted off. He flew slowly, probably so that he wouldn't rock me. I wrapped my arms around his chest as if in a hug and rested my head on his collarbone. I kept crying, until I eventually fell asleep.