Chapter 22 The Christmas Miracle of Happiness

Fionna's P>O>V>

One Week Later

"Hey Cake! Have you seen Marshall?" I yelled as I walked downstairs. "He was supposed to be here an hour ago. I'm kinda worried..."

"Honey, it's Marshall we're talking about! He's fine!" Cake said with an all-knowing tone.

"But even tough people need protection... I don't admit it but you save me a lot more than I save you Cake."

"I know honey.. He's fine, or will be fine. At least in time for Christmas." Cake slowly walked to me and hugged me. I started to cry even though I haven't been with him for long but I still care. I decided to play BMO for a while hoping he'll scare me out of nowhere. It got really late, like 11 and he wasn't here. "Cake I'm going to bed."

"Okay pumpkin." Cake said to me as I walked upstairs in some pj's I had put on a while ago. I flopped down in bed and thought of where he could be. I fell asleep and had a horrible nightmare.

"Fionna." I heard an irritated and worried voice from around the corner. I had just gone through a door and it closed without Marshall following. I went around the corner and found him sitting there banging on the door. "Fionna!" He beamed, "It's been hours!!"

"No it's been 10 seconds. What happened?"

"I don't know but let's go." We walked around another corner and another door closed in his face. I went full circle again and it was an old Marshall. I thought he couldn't age...?

"Fionna... How could you leave me?" He launched at me so I ran and again full circle and again it closed in his face. I went full circle to see him half dead with Kill Fi, Die Fi; all over the walls. I ran full circle and found him dead with those words everywhere until I broke down crying over his body. I was surprised and shocked when he came from behind me trying to strangle me.

I woke up gasping and attempting to scream but all that came out was little screeches.
"Fi what happened?" Marshall was next to me scared and cynical looking.

"How and when did you get here?!" I was terrified now.

"Oh I'm always waiting for MY FIONNA TO DIE"

That's when I truly woke up screaming!

"SUGAR WHAT'S WRONG?!" Cake was on top of me trying to calm me down.

"It was.. M-m-m-marsh-shall tried t-t-to kill me in t-two dr-dreams..."

"Sugar you're fine." She shrunk down and plopped herself down next to me. "I'll keep you safe."

"OK Cake."

And I slipped back into the dream world. This time I was in my house. I could here something scratching the boards below me. "Fionna.." I heard something half-dead whisper. "Marshall..?" I whispered back. "Help me Fi.." and It was gone. I saw BMO standing there. Finger over his mouth to shush me. He then pulled out what looked to be Marshall's empty skin from behind him and I screamed. BMO pointed at it and said, "He hurt you Fionna. Right? I killed him because he was bad. Now you are next cause you won't play with us." I ran as fast as I could.

I woke up this time in a sweat to see it was snowing outside and it wasn't night anymore. I walked downstairs to see if a glass of water could help and it did, but not before an explanation for Cake.

"Sugar we need to find what's doing this. It isn't like your mind to do this unless you're so focused on not losing him that your mind is making you try to fix things. We need to find him." Cake, BMO and I spent the next week trying to find him and why this was happening. Nothing worked.

"Cake, it's three days before Christmas and I can't keep having these nightmares. They just get worse."

"I know. He has to be hiding somewhere though."

"Hiding? Hiding HIDING!!" BMO half whispered to himself. "I forgot the day he came to see you he was going to surprise you when I was supposed to tell you to go to the basement! That place is everything proof! He might be in there still!!!" My jaw dropped at the little game that seemed to be the scariest thing that looked so innocent right now. I was cowering in the corner of tthe couch to be as far away from him as possible...

"BMO remind me not to play hide and seek with you..." I said as I got up and sprinted in my festive pj's to the basement door with a bowl full of strawberries in my hand so he wont eat me but the strawberries instead. I opened the door and launched myself into the surprisingly well lit room at a half-dead Marshall. "Oh my glob you were trying to tell me where to find you!! I'm so sorry here eat these to feel better I missed you so much! Marshall don't ever play with BMO again!!!" I took in a deep breath and squeezed the already-regaining-strength-Marshall-due-to-strawberries.

"Yeah. Sorry about the nightmares. It's the best I could do."

"I don't care! You're back!" I half dragged him upstairs and onto something more comfortable than a basement floor. The living room floor. I sat there with him adorably eating strawberries while I just clung to him.

"I'm done." He handed Cake the bowl and he hugged me back. We both got on the couch and I just stared at him.

"Marshall." I broke th silence. "Do you celebrate Christmas?"

"Yeah why?"

"Come here to celebrate? Your mom, Gumball, Ice Queen, and some others will be here. We'll all be exchanging gifts."

"Sure just as long as you look adorable and we aren't playing hide and seek with BMO."

"Done." I smiled.

The Author's POV

Christmas Day!!!

We all gathered around the tree; Cake, Lord M, BMO, Ice Queen, Gumball, LSP, Flame Prince (now king), Pepermint Butler, Gunther, Ms. Abadeer, Marshall and I, and we were warmed by the fire and warmed by the love. We were all happy, for we had all met up.  We chatted and drank with every whistle and clank. And we were all as happy as could be. We quieted down and we had a feast. We were all stuffed up with some delicouis roast beef. We gathered around the tree, once more in a swarm. As we looked in ah at the pile of galour. We each had brought a present for all, for it was as fair as the snow that falls. We picked and decided, for the one who was misguided should open the first gift. We all knew who, and we passed them a box. What it contained was not an ice block. No not for Ice Queen. But for another, a king. A boy, no more, for which he was much more. He was a king of fire now and for him a crown. To wear not with a frown. But a smile, that will spread a mile. He received his gift, and now to give. He passed a present along, and they all belonged. Right where they were, right where they sat, right where they were with a squishy red pile that ascended a while. They where happy and not naggy. It was Christmas and it was fun. And now my work is done. I wish thee a happy Holi, for whatever religion art thou. So Happy Holidays to all and to all a good night.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hello my wackjobs. ^_^ I hope you enjoyed your Christmas treat. Yes this is part of the book. Just because I wanted to do something special.

Don't forget to comment and Vote.

Have lovely Holidays no matter what you celebrate. Be merry!

Now I bid you adu, farewell and goodnight. For you all deserve it for being so wonderful. ^_^ Goodbye!