Chapter 20 Getting Together With Someone New Is Difficult

Hey guys so before the chapter begins I'd like to tell you that the book is ending soon. It will be ending in 5-10 chapters. So enjoy it while it lasts! I don't want to keep you any longer so here's the chapter. Hope you like it!

Glob's P>O>V> ←(I'm doing a new thing!)

Time skip to before the party!!

"Fionna! Hurry! We can't be late to the wad's party! Cake will kill us!" Marshall wasn't kidding when he yelled up to Fionna in the tree-house that Cake would kill them. Cake had literally stopped walking to the door and turned around and told the two right after they had told her that they were "dating" that she would kill them if they were even a second late. Cake had something important to do/say at the party and she didn't want them to miss it. 'Tradition? No. Stupid? Yes. Anno-' but Marshall's thoughts were interrupted when Fionna came bounding down the steps in the prettiest dark blue/black mini-dress ever. He was at a loss for words as he just stared at her in aw. (It was plain to see he thought she was hot) He even blushed a little. Then he could hear his mother's words from over the phone as he told her they were dating, "Marshall screw this up with this wonderful young lady and I will personally kill you." Little did Marshall know that his mom and Fionna were great friends even before she had met Marshall. Which Marshall thought was just another perk to "dating" Fionna, his mom would comfort Fionna while killing him.

"Fionna. You look......... amazing." Marshall searched for right words. "As do you mister fancy." Fionna said obviously being sarcastic. Marshall was wearing a a light blue dress shirt and jeans. Marshall rolled his eyes and gave her a fake smile. What's up with him? Fionna obviously thought it was a real smile. He took her hand and they left for the part.

At Party

"Wow. For a wad he can really throw a party." Marshall and Fionna walked in to see a whole bunch of people and Gumball in the middle of the dance floor doing some really lame dance moves. The room was being strobe lighted with all sorts of colors, red, blue, green, aqua, black, orange. Even some weird ones like, purple/orange, orange/green, pink/green, all sorts. They looked around to see Cake and Lord Monochromicorn sitting off to the side, at what looked like one of the only 8-or-so tables. Cake looked over at them, smiled and waved them over. They walked over to them with a smile on Fionna's face and a fake smile on Marshall. When they got to Cake and Lord M, Lord M nodded at Cake. Cake smiled and Fionna kind of knew what she was about to say. "We're getting married." Cake said, a huge smile on her face. Fionna gasped, smiled and hugged her adoptive sister. She said, "That's great!!" as she bear hugged her. They decided to stay at the party even though Gumball's moves were really lame.

After Party

After the party Marshall decided to walk Fionna home so Cake could stay with Lord M. As they were walking Marshall started to talk. "So. Did you have fun?" He asked as he reached out and held her hand. It was unusual for Marshall to hold someones hand but he did it. "Yeah. I did." She said as she started to swing their hands back and forth. "You never hold people's hands Marshall. It must feel weird." "Well this doesn't feel weird." Marshall said while smirked as he scooped her up into his arms (bridal style) and kept walking. Fionna wrapped her arms around his neck. She felt safe in his arms. And happy. Really happy. She was about to rest her head on his shoulder but he kissed her on the cheek before she could move a muscle. She smiled and decided to cuddle up against him. He kept walking. Fionna seemed happy and so did Marshall. If he was happy then why was he faking smiles earlier?

"This guy is confusing. Even to me. I have no idea what he's cooking but it doesn't look good." I said mainly to myself. "Oh chill Glob. It'll be fine." There's Grod. Butting his way in. "Oh hush Grod." "Dude. No. I will not hush. We're equals and you will not boss me around." Grod said with a bit of attitude. "Whatever. I'm going back to this couple." I said as I turned back around to watch Fionna and Marshall. They had arrived at Fionna's house and he opened the door and walked in with her still in his arms. "Thanks Marshall." She said lovingly as he put her down. "Anything for my Fionna." He said, this time, with a real smile. "Possessive now are we?" She laughed a little. "Yes and I always will be because you're MY Fionna." He hugged her tightly. "Yes I am and you are MY Marshall." She said, kissing him on the cheek. He smiled and they both pulled away looking at each other. They looked at each other and Fionna finally said, "Thank you Marshall. Stay till Cake comes back?" He smiled and replied, "Of course. I need to make sure you're safe at all times."