20: Happy

Davids POV

I lay in bed. Joe had gone back to sleep.
I sat up on my phone.
Scrolling through all my old photographs of my friends, my family.. Many of them were dead now..

I took this time to cry. I missed my friends. I wasn't getting Amy or Ash or James or Netty or.. My brother back.

I wondered if my parents were still alive. I didn't know, I hadn't talked to them.
I decided to text my mum, unsure what to say. So I just said, hi mum, hope your alright. :)

It was all okay. But my heart sank when the icon, "mum is typing" came up.
She's alive!
Tears ran down my face with happiness.
David. Call me.

I called her.
"D-David is that you?" She cried, I turned the volume down. Tears flooded my eyes.
"Y-yeh mum." I replied.
"D.. Where are you?"
"I'm in a hospital in Chichester." I said.
"What are you doing down there?" Her voice was muffled, she was crying.
"I- I just got back and.. A bomb exploded.. I.. I'm alright."
"Im coming down."
"N- but.. It's a long drive."
"It's worth it for you, David."
I stopped to wipe the tears away from my face.
"I love you." I choked.
"I love you too, baby." She replied. Sniffing.

I thought about her and dad. I really missed them, my dad was a huge inspiration to me and I couldn't wait to see him again.

After we ended the call it was almost dawn. It was starting to get bright outside.
I saw Nicole enter the room.
I watched her as she walked over to my bed. She looked down at me.
"Hello gorgeous." I said, smiling.
I pulled her down to me and kissed her passionately.
I put my hands on the side of her face, she put her hands on my shoulders.
"It's gonna be alright now." She said, I noticed a small tear glide swiftly down the side of her face.

Joes POV

I woke up to see Nicole and David kissing. I smiled then turned away and closed my eyes and pretended I was sleeping.
I looked over to Beth, she opened her eyes.
I gently lifted her hair away from her face. She smiled at me. She was still beautiful, her face was healing slightly, as was mine.
I put my hand under Beth's chin and felt her cheek with my thumb.
"You okay?" I whispered, she nodded.
I wrapped my arms round her and kissed the top of her head. "Everything's going to be alright now. Everyone's going to be fine."
Tears rolled down my face. We'd been through so much, as did David. Our journey together hadn't ended, but his, his had just begun.

I gazed back at the memories, at the war, but before that. In our old videos, in our interviews.. That phone call... When we went to London, when we had fans when..
Just how much fun, just how much happiness we had brought to children and young people.
"Hello? Sorry- " I looked up, a nurse was above us.
"Hi-" I looked up. Nicole and David looked to the woman.
"Hi, we just wanted to let you know that- you can all go home as of now."
"Wait- really?!" I asked, sitting up in my bed.
"Yep, but, if you have any concerns or pains anywhere just let us know."
I felt ready to burst into tears of delight.
"Thanks so much." Nicole said, as the rest of us couldn't speak, we were just so happy.

After the woman left, I got out of bed. Beth and I sat on the end of Davids beside Nicole.
"How are you, mate?"  I Asked him, looking at the scar on his face.
"You know what.. I haven't been better in a long, long time." He smiled. And just to intensify his smile his children were brought in by the staff. David covered his mouth with his hands, below his eyes turned red, a tear quickly dropped down the side of his face.
"Daddy!" They squeaked as they raced towards their father with smiles on their young clear faces. Beth and I moved off the bed onto the other two beds as the children jumped up. They giggled as they kneeled up on the bed to see their dad. David was laughing and making silly faces. Nicole sat in the end of the bed, she was crying and wiping her tears, she covered her mouth and David pulled her over into his arms.
"This is a sight I've wanted to see for a long, long time. Oh boy was it worth waiting for." She cried. In fact all of us had tears in our eyes apart from the children.

We all got the taxi back to Beth and My house. David, Beth and I all got showers. I got dressed into an old blue t-shirt and jeans. Outside was beautiful. So beautiful that we simply couldn't waste the day.
We ran outside on the grass, i recollected all the time I had went out here with our cat and with Beth.
I lay on the grass, Beth lay down beside me.
"I've missed you so much." I said. Looking from the beautiful bright blue sky into her eyes. She took my hand. "I missed you too."
I rolled over on top of her, and kissed her lips. I stared into her bright blue eyes before I was poked on the shoulder. I went slightly red, I rolled back onto the grass. Rosie and James jumped on top of me. I looked over to Nicole and David who were killing themselves laughing. I sighed with happiness before lifting James who was on top of me up in the air making, "woo!" Sounds. It made me smile to hear him and Rosie giggle. Nicole and David ran over to us and sat down. While Beth and Nicole played with the kids David and I talked.
"Y'know Stamps." David began, "I didn't think I could feel like this ever again but.. Im happy." He looked at me, "im really happy."
I put an arm around his shoulder as we looked at the four people we loved most in the world,
"I'm happy too."