~Chapter 1~

BEEP! BEEP! BEEP!

I pound on my alarm clock and put the blanket over my head. My phone vibrates on the night stand, making me groan. I sit up and grab it.

"What?" I say into the phone harshly.

"Hello to you too Alanis." I hear my best friend Kayla say.

"Let me go back to sleep." I lay my head back on my pillow.

"I can't do that because today is the last day of school!" she squealed.

"Yeah, and I would like to cherish this wonderful last day in my bed."

"Come on! Besides, it might also be your last time seeing Felix." she said. Let's just say Felix was my crush since kindergarten.

"You had to bring him up didn't you." I take the blanket off of me and drag myself to the bathroom.

"Why are you so excited? Usually you're grumpy when you wake up like me." I say.

"It's the last day of school! Duh."

"And because it's the last day to see Omar." I tease.

"Shut up. Get dressed, I'll meet you at school." she said before she hung up. I put my phone down on the counter and did my routine: brush teeth and hair and wash face. I grabbed my phone and walked to my closet. I tossed my phone on the bed, opening my closet. I put on my black skinny jeans and "OBEY" graphic tee. I grabbed my phone off the bed, putting it in my pocket and put my plain black snapback on backwards. I ran downstairs and into the kitchen.

"Good morning." my mom greeted me as I enter.

"Mornin'" my mom handed me a plate filled with bacon, eggs, and sausages. I licked my lips as I sat down at the table, putting the plate in front of me. I devoured the food and sat back. I looked towards my 5 year old brother, Gabe and he is staring at me.

"What are you looking at?" I narrow my eyes.

"I'm looking at your ugly face!" he insults.

"Is that the bes-"

"Kids, stop fighting. Will you two ever get along?" my dad says from across the table.

"No." Gabe and I say at the same time.

"Come on kids. Time to go or you two are going to be late for your last day of school!" my mom took our plates. I got up and grabbed my black vans next to the door. I slipped them on and put my backpack over my shoulder.

"Come on slow pokes." I referred to my brother and my dad.

We got in the car and headed to my 2 story school first. I kissed my dad goodbye and ignored the thing in the back as I got out of the car. I saw Kayla at the front entrance and ran to her.

"Happy last day of school!" she said.

"Happy last day. Last day of 7th grade!" I said as we went inside and walked to our locker.

"We should talk to them." Kayla said.

"Who?" I asked.

"Who else? Omar and Felix. Duh."

"Ha. Yeah, right." I said.

"Come on. You take risks don't you?"

"Yeah, I do, but think about it. They are in the Fooo. They're popular. Every girl in school is crushing on them. They can have any girl they want." I told her.

"Whatever." she shrugged. "Look! Omar and Felix are at their locker!" she pointed. Felix and Omar's lockers are next to ours. Coincidence? I think not!

We opened our locker and hid behind our locker door as we put our books in our backpack. We closed our lockers. I spun on my heel toward my English class and made eye contact with Felix. He smiled, making me melt. I blushed and grabbed Kayla's hand, dragging her with me to English.

"Stop pulling me!" Kayla said as we got to our English class.

"Kayla we made eye contact and he smiled at me." I said as I screamed in my head.

"Omar winked at me!" she smiled.

"The last day of school is awesome." I said as we walked in the room and took our seats as the bell rang.

***

Today has been going by fast. I ignored my teachers and do what people always do at lunch. Eat. All we have to do now is get through the last period. Art, which is on the 2 floor.

"Mr. Murry?" Kayla and I approached his desk.

"Yes girls?"

"Can we get our projects up on the roof? We forgot to them this morning." Kayla asked.

"Yeah, sure. Here are your passes." he handed us two passes.

"Thank you." Kayla and I said together. We exited the classroom and walked down the hall. We opened the door that leads to the roof and went up the stairs. I opened the door and saw our painting resting on the ground. I picked them up and gave Kayla her painting.

"Mine is-" The fire alarm goes off, interrupting me.

"Come on!" Kayla dragged me to the door, making me drop my painting.

"It won't open!" she jiggled the door knob.

"Let me see!" I started banging my shoulder against the door.

"It's no use." I ran towards the edge. Everyone was already lined up at the field.

"Help!" I yelled while I wave my hands in the air.

"Somebody help us!" Kayla shouted louder. I looked down and I saw two boys walking out.

"Hey! You two! Help! We're stuck up here!" They looked up and ran inside, not showing their faces clearly.

"What are they doing? They should go get help! They are going to get hurt!" Kayla said worriedly. We pace back and forth, hoping these two boys are alright. Just then the doors swing open, startling us. We fall and grasp the edge.